First Bike, NW Oregon - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First Bike, NW Oregon

Hey all, I made the decision about a week and a half ago to buy a used, candy lime green 09' Versys. Boy did I make the right decision. After a solid week of TLC (new drive chain, sprockets, LOTS of degreaser/cleaner, oil, filter, etc), I finally got it to tip-top shape. Absolutely no regrets at all. The bike is sexy, fun, easy on the throttle, and big enough to fit my 6'3" 190 lb frame with ease. The only thing I regret is not buying it sooner!!!
I just graduated college and am still settling into my new job; I only hope now that I'll get a enough free time for some adventures. Unfortunately, I moved to a new area, Astoria Oregon, and literally don't know anyone, so it looks like i'll be riding solo for a while.

Anyone know of any events/groups in northwest Oregon, Southwest Washington?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1395828_10200668136046203_2086859018_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	34474  

Last edited by Chili Wango; 10-15-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! That's quite the bike you have there, and I was excited when I ordered my front peg lowering kit...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

One other thing, any recommendations for farkles to make the ride better? I've already ordered a front peg lowering kit to let my legs stretch a bit more. I'm planning on getting some hand guards, but not quite sure what to get. I also wish to upgrade the exhaust, might get a Yoshimura or Two Brothers, not sure yet..
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Wango View Post
Thanks! That's quite the bike you have there, and I was excited when I ordered my front peg lowering kit...
The peg lowering kit and mirror extenders was where it all started for me too.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pretty typical Oregon weather in your photo. Very much like the weather I remember while at Pacific University many years ago. It's reassuring to know that some things don't change.

If you go for the Two Brothers exhaust be prepared for people in Portland to complain about the noise!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

I just graduated from Pacific, B.S. in Biology! Good to know about two brothers, at least pedestrians would know I'm there...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Wango View Post
One other thing, any recommendations for farkles to make the ride better? I've already ordered a front peg lowering kit to let my legs stretch a bit more. I'm planning on getting some hand guards, but not quite sure what to get. I also wish to upgrade the exhaust, might get a Yoshimura or Two Brothers, not sure yet..

You might want to check out the Motowerk Highway Peg Mounts and some Highway Pegs. Makes the ride alot more comfortable being able to stretch out.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 02:58 PM

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
howdy..still looking for a group? I ride..occasionally..with the guys and girls at PNW Riders forum (pacific northwest riders)...I know of one other Versys rider on the forum..but we haven't ridden together yet...lots of of sport bike riders and some off roaders too...

http://pnwriders.com/forums.php

ride safe..ride your own ride...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 12:03 PM

Welcome aboard. I have the same bike, even though my signature indicates an '08. I am putting on the lowering pegs tonight, and also have the Motor Werks Flatfoot, LSL Frame sliders (crash pads), Rhino Tec bar ends with CMG Lane Splitter mirrors, and the list is growing. Make sure you look at WelJo's links in his message to see a real list. Also go into historic threads on the exhausts. From what I have seen on here, it looks like everyone who does the 2 bros or some of the others then need to add a PC or some type of fuel re-mapping. This is not required with the Delkelvic, the Arrow or the Ixil's, and many models come with the option to remove the baffle so you can be street legal some of the time. I think I am going to order a Delkelvic soon. Have fun

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
Welcome aboard. I have the same bike, even though my signature indicates an '08. I am putting on the lowering pegs tonight, and also have the Motor Werks Flatfoot, LSL Frame sliders (crash pads), Rhino Tec bar ends with CMG Lane Splitter mirrors, and the list is growing. Make sure you look at WelJo's links in his message to see a real list. Also go into historic threads on the exhausts. From what I have seen on here, it looks like everyone who does the 2 bros or some of the others then need to add a PC or some type of fuel re-mapping. This is not required with the Delkelvic, the Arrow or the Ixil's, and many models come with the option to remove the baffle so you can be street legal some of the time. I think I am going to order a Delkelvic soon. Have fun
Which Delkevic are you looking at? I was considering the 8'', but was a bit worried because they are so cheap, and I didn't want to mess with remapping and such.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 07:08 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM

Welcome! I was just in your neighborhood (literally) the other day when I took a ride up through Vernonia and out 202 (which might be one of my favorite routes around here). It seems like there's been a few of us Oregon riders popping their heads up around here the last few days, which i'm pretty sure is a sign that we need to all get together at least for a meet and greet and a ride. Another place it might be worth hopping into is advrider.com- there's a few Versys riders over there, also and (no offense to this board) tends to be a bit livelier. -Chad

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276645
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 04:19 PM

non PC or fuel mapped exhausts

Ian, I was going to get the 13" or 14" stubby in the carbon fiber finish since they most closely match the original design of the stock OEM. I know they are inexpensive, but I do not think cheap. I did read in a suzi thread that a couple of people had some issues with the carbon fiber finish, but that Delkelvic always made good. Comments that the price reflects the amount of carbon fibber put on versus a $500 pipe. I like the similar pipe in the Ixil, but it's $140 more. Prices go up from there for the Yoshi's, etc. I note that WelJo just got a pair of the chrome Delk's for his new FJR, so if they're good enough for him...

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode