Whee! Metro Atlanta Rider Scores a Versys! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Whee! Metro Atlanta Rider Scores a Versys!

And that about says it all. I've been riding more than twenty years, have owned at least twelve bikes but owned only two Japanese-made motorcycles before. I do likes me Italian machines. I sold my vintage Moto Guzzi Le Mans III two weeks ago because it just was not for me—and that says quite a bit because the Le Mans III is a great bike. I was going to get a Moto Guzzi Lario similar to what I had while living in Europe, but then someone suggested the Suzuki 650 V-Strom as a nice all-purpose bike. I rode one and liked it okay, but the 19" front wheel and ginormous fairing turned me off. Then I remembered seeing the Versys at the International MC Show and did some research. Of course, none of the local shops would let me ride one and of course they wanted more than top dollar, but I found a dealer a few hours east of here that would let me try the Versys first and give me a good price. Wow. The Versys is everything I liked about the V-Strom and cures all that I did not like about it. Tomorrow morning the mountains of North Georgia hearken!

It's nice to get excited about a new bike again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Welcome.

I am getting a test ride on a Ducati Hypermotard this weekend and that may be tough to pass up.

Someone has posted a Northern Georgia ride in the ride section maybe meet up with them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Here is the link for the Georgia ride.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=402

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:52 PM

Danomar. Georgia seems to be a hot bed for V's. See ya on 60 one day.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:10 AM

I have had my V for a week and it is in for the 600 mile service today. This is my first bike and I love it. Rode lot's of friends bikes as a teenager, but this bike was perfect for a 50+ young guy. One of the guys in my department at work has one too. We be great to get a ride thru the N. GA mountains together sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode