Hello from Alabama! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Alabama!

Hello everyone!

Just getting back into riding again, have mostly dirt riding on my kids bikes. A couple of months ago I decided to take MSF beginner riders course just to see how it would feel to get back on the street. The course was really fun and I started looking for a bike. I started looking/researching the cruisers thinking that was what I wanted to ride, when a good friend (who rides a KLR 650) called me and told me of a cycle shop he frequents has a repossessed 2008 Versys for sale for a great price, with only 2500 miles on it. I went and looked at it and was not sure about it. But the more I researched and thought about it I decided it would be a great bike for my needs, which was a daily commuter to work, and some rides. To make a long story short I brought the bike home yesterday and it is AWESOME! Just wanted to thank you all as well because this forum was a large part of my research. Your comments helped me decide (along with a great price)! You will see me in North Alabama, I'll be the one riding the crimson Versys with the big smile!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 PM

BamaVersys,

Congrats on your V and Happy riding

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 AM

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
Welcome. From clay just northeast of Bham. Anybody go to Lynchburg This weekend? I saw a 08 with a bmw 650 together. Looked like a husband wife team. I think I have seen them on this forum before.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 07:51 AM

Welcome from Smiths Station Alabama. Is anyone going to the BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL at Barber Motorsports park in October?

To God be the glory.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I always go to the Vintage race. Best of all the races. The swap meet is huge and the vintage dirt bike races are fun.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Yes !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode