New Versys Owner From Mexico City! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Versys Owner From Mexico City!

Hi guys, I finally got around to registering, I didn't do it earlier because I didn't know if the deal was going to go through or not. I've joined other model specific forums in the past, looking for information about a bike that I was "about" to purchase, just for the deal to go sour and then I have a suscription to a forum I'll never go back to and just keep getting "Hey Süsser, we miss you...".

But the bike is downstairs, so this time it is pretty much for real.

It is a black 2010 Versys 650. I think I got a good deal on it, it was a leftover bike that sold in 2011 and the owner now traded it in for a 2013 Triumph Tiger Sport. Good news is that it only has 3500 miles on the clock. Bad news is that the PO seems to be the kind of guy that doesn't give a damn about his vehicles...

The headlight aim was WAY off. It was ALL THE WAY UP! Seriously? That guy shouldn't be allowed near a bike with tools in his hands. The tires are very worn because he rode it with low tire pressure, those are the OEM tires and almost done for in 3500 miles... Which I'm not so happy about, but not so mad about either, I hate Dunflops with passion. The luggage rack was lose, didn't he fell the Trax topcase bouncing? FFS...

All in all, a good deal, I hate the PO and I'm still getting used to the bike. I expected it to be something in between a XT660X and a V-Strom, but I'm finding it to be more V-Stom than motard, and V-Stroms are cheaper and come with ABS, so I'm not thrilled... Hope the bike wins me once I have a chance to take her to the twisties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and the suspension is WAY better than expected but the brakes are just a really, REALLY, bad joke. I'm going to upgrade it to 4 pot calipers ASAP just for safety reasons. Can't understand how the same calipers seem to do OK in the V-Strom but suck SO BADLY in the Versys, my hand actually hurts from pulling that lever so hard. (I live in the hills and I do brake hard)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I envy your blue Versys, but the only way to get a blue one was to get a new 2013 and I just couldn't come up with that much money.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 PM

to the community!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
I envy your blue Versys, but the only way to get a blue one was to get a new 2013 and I just couldn't come up with that much money.

here ya go... http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=39161

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Welcome to the family!
Make sure you get yourself placed on the Versys Owner/Riders Map so we know where Mexico City is... Ha!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:06 AM

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM

He/she did you a favor by wearing out the stock tires!!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Well, I'm hating it. The more I rode it the less I liked it, to the point I don't care to ride it anymore, three days and I've had enough of it.

Other than the clumsy low speed handling, that at this point I'm pretty sure is in part due to the tires and the design of the bike (long suspension travel, undersprung according to racetech), I can't find any faults in the bike. It does handle well on the interstate, it is stable at highway speeds, offers good weather protection, it is comfortable, has great power (actually I couldn't believe how much low end torque it has), etc. It basically does everything I wanted, save for the low speed handling and the fact that it doesn't get me excited, it doesn't speak to me.

Next week I'll have new tires installed and I'll put an ad to sell it. Not saying good bye yet as I don't know how long it will take to find her a good home
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm hating it. The more I rode it the less I liked it, to the point I don't care to ride it anymore, three days and I've had enough of it.(
Are you sure you have a Versys?

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I'm sure I have one...

It has been right there since Wednesday, I didn't even bother pushing it all the way to the front of the parking space.

Last edited by Süsser Tod; 09-13-2013 at 12:38 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm hating it. The more I rode it the less I liked it, to the point I don't care to ride it anymore, three days and I've had enough of it.

Other than the clumsy low speed handling, that at this point I'm pretty sure is in part due to the tires and the design of the bike (long suspension travel, undersprung according to racetech), I can't find any faults in the bike. It does handle well on the interstate, it is stable at highway speeds, offers good weather protection, it is comfortable, has great power (actually I couldn't believe how much low end torque it has), etc. It basically does everything I wanted, save for the low speed handling and the fact that it doesn't get me excited, it doesn't speak to me.

Next week I'll have new tires installed and I'll put an ad to sell it. Not saying good bye yet as I don't know how long it will take to find her a good home
Well that was quick.. shall we say welcome and goodbye?

Anyway, if you're expecting the agility of a motard on a 450 lb sports tourer bike, maybe it's a wrong choice for you. You should go for a KTM instead.. Those are badass machines..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode