Hello All - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello All

Hi everyone,

Giving serious consideration to a new Versys. Been lurking for a while. Went and sat on one the other day, quite liked it.

Anybody want some seat time on a BMW F800ST in exchange for a test run on a Versys?? I'm located between Binghamton and Oneonta N.Y.

Anyways thanks for all the great info so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 05:59 PM

I would be happy to if I lived closer (or if you wanted to ride up here), but just out of curiosity, would you be getting rid of the Bimmer or adding to the collection? If getting rid of, why?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM

This has to be the most all around fun I've had a bike.You probaly will have to change the seat. I went with the corbin-had the most positive verse a gel seat. I live along the del.river right by 78,if you make it this way let me know. There sure is some good roads to make up your mind. Believe it or not I gave up a road king once I tried this. Be safe out there
Chris b

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer,

At the moment I'm thinking of getting rid of the ST. It's listed over on ADVrider.

Originally my intention was, buy the ST, try it to see if I liked the engine. Which I do. Then add the 800GS once they have it sorted. I liked the idea of parts commonality. But I find the ST a little to cramped for my 50 year old body.

If I can't sell it I might trade it on a GS. But to be honest after 7 BMWs the roundel has lost some luster for me lately.

Besides I really like the Versys. I don't need to break the sound barrier much any more. I don't ride two up much. I do take some longer trips. I just want to be able to explore some off the beaten path places when they come up. I used to take my Seca 750 everywhere, guess it didn't know it wasn't an adventure bike. I had a ton of fun with that bike and that is what I want to recapture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode