Aloha From Maui - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Aloha From Maui

I bought my 09 Versys 18 months ago with 8k on it. Got about 26k on it now.
The only mod when I got it was a Yoshimura slip-on. This forum has been a great source of info for me. So...first order of business is to thank everyone for their posts. Thank you! Second is to apologise for waiting till yesterday to register. Lurker no more...I feel so liberated.
So with the help of this forum and a good friend who is a fearless backyard mechanic, I have...
Installed a 12 volt power outlet which is handy to charge my phone and run a little cheapo air compressor that fits under the seat. The bike had the original Dunlops on when I got it and I am now on my 2nd set of Pirelli Scorpion Trails, (big improvement). I actually use that little compressor to mount,seat the beads.

Added a big foot to the kickstand,which was just a leftover part from a TV mounting bracket.

Upgraded to a PIAA Superior Bass horn ,she sounds like a '72 Buick now, hehe, great fun.

Put in an HID for the lowbeam,(not completely sold on that yet).

Recently replaced the chain and sprockets. Went with the 44t rear, big improvement. First gear always felt like a bit of a granny before.

And finally... two days ago...by far, the biggest improvement...I took off that damn Yosh Can and put on the stocker. Wow what a difference! OK sure it doesn't sound so bad ass anymore but my neighbors might like me a little better now. And it rides SOOOO much better, no more choppy throttle and the bike even feels more balanced. I've fallen in love with her all over again and looking for any excuse to ride, just like when we first met!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-51.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	29634  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Always glad to see posts from one of my favorite US places. I have an Aloha sticker on my V, and some guy once asked me if I was from Hawaii, heh. "Ride Aloha."

Someday is not a day of the week.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great Color!!!!

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:04 PM

Welcome! Must be great to be able take a run up to Haleakala or around to Hana on a whim.

Andy
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM

Thanks for post.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome kiwi4, you were the first.
The wife and I will actually be in NZ during late Sept early Oct. We are renting a camper in Auckland and dropping it off in Christchurch 11 days later. Last year was our first visit and we explored the top half of the North Island.You are a blessed man to live in one of the very best countries on earth. AND ride a Versys! Cheers...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM

welcome!...despite the fact that you've already got so many V-miles under your belt. you went from the slip-on back to stock, eh?...that's different than the norm....glad you're enjoying the stocker...maybe it's just the Yoshi can that isn't set up right for the stock fueling....my LeoVince slip-on runs very smooth on the stock fueling...I'd love to ride some of those Hawaiian roads!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSlammer View Post
welcome!...despite the fact that you've already got so many V-miles under your belt. you went from the slip-on back to stock, eh?...that's different than the norm....glad you're enjoying the stocker...maybe it's just the Yoshi can that isn't set up right for the stock fueling....my LeoVince slip-on runs very smooth on the stock fueling...I'd love to ride some of those Hawaiian roads!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think you're right. The previous owner prolly just slipped on the Slip On w/ no further adjustments. in any case I've been ride a really loud bike for a while now and am enjoying being a bit stealthy...for now.
If you are ever coming to Maui drop a line, always looking for an excuse for a fun ride. Work permitting of course.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
from another blue boy from Far East.

THE BLUE IS ALWAYS THE BEST...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubadubski View Post
Thanks for the welcome kiwi4, you were the first.
The wife and I will actually be in NZ during late Sept early Oct. We are renting a camper in Auckland and dropping it off in Christchurch 11 days later. Last year was our first visit and we explored the top half of the North Island.You are a blessed man to live in one of the very best countries on earth. AND ride a Versys! Cheers...
Cheers, hope you enjoy middle earth
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 06:15 AM

One of my most memorable experiences occurred while visiting Maui a few years ago. I woke up (still on Houston, Tx time) @ around 3 am and drove towards Haleakala. Just as dawn was breaking I was at a spot on the road where there was a forest of eucalyptus trees (or something like that with an incredible aroma.) And then, the Iz song comes on, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Beautiful World." There was no one else out there & I had been driving very slow with the windows down. The moment was so moving, I had to stop and simply take in this blessing that the Lord had laid before me. Truly an incredible experience.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:01 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode