Hello from Oregon! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Oregon!

Hi everybody! I'm not quite a Versys rider yet, but hope to be soon. I've owned an '09 ER-6N for the last three years and as much as I loved how the bike performed, It became uncomfortable after a couple hours. It seemed like the Versys was the logical next step so I've been looking around for a used 08 or 09. The plan was to wait out the rest of the season and try to pick something up on the cheap, but the garage floor isn't even cold yet and I'm itching to ride again... -Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
from a Pacific University alumni - waaay long time ago.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 07:33 PM

Welcome aboard. Your story sounds very familiar. I too had an '09 ER6N, liked it but wanted to try something different so I sold that and bought a Vulcan 900 (HATED it) then went to try to find a good deal on a Versys in the OFF season. MY advice is to NOT wait for winter, there are enough Versys' for sale right now they have to be competitively priced. Once the whether starts getting worse, people stop listing them for sale and it becomes a "seller's market", sure a good deal or 2 might pop up, but they seem to get snatched up pretty fast. Then there are the guys that owe too much and have their bikes listed all winter for TOO much money.

In the end, I ended up getting frustrated and wanting to ride (the Vulcan SUCKED in the rain) so I bought a new Versys in December. I love it and think I got a pretty good deal $6999 OTD (I had to take care of the DMV fees, $260 IIRC) for a current year new bike, BUT 4-5 months earlier there were used ones with farkles all over the place for $4-5000. Then as soon as the whether got better, they started popping up again.

What part of the state are you in?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody!

Cyclesarge- I'm out in Hillsboro. It sounds like you took the route I was thinking of taking.When I originally listed the bike I was initially thinking of picking up a V-Star, Vulcan or Shadow, but even though I enjoyed the riding position I wasn't too keen on losing fuel injection (most of them with FI were a bit pricier) and the ability to twist it and take off like I could on the ER-6N. So I started looking at the Versys and started warming up to it. As for waiting... I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I went and looked at one today and it's fantastic- well kept, the accessories I would want to buy anyway, low miles... So now it's just a matter of if it fits into my budget without getting the wife too mad at me. I think it's going to all work out and I'm real excited to start riding again! -Chad
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Garage
Welcome fellow Oregonian!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! Well, picked up my Versys yesterday ('08) and gotta say- the ride home was the most enjoyable motorcycle ride I've ever had. What a fun bike to ride! Comfortable, has some zip, and just falls into the corners.... sure there's a bit of new bike afterglow, but it's hard to ever see myself on a sport bike again! -Chad
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 PM

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 07:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach_86 View Post
Thanks! Well, picked up my Versys yesterday ('08) and gotta say- the ride home was the most enjoyable motorcycle ride I've ever had. What a fun bike to ride! Comfortable, has some zip, and just falls into the corners.... sure there's a bit of new bike afterglow, but it's hard to ever see myself on a sport bike again! -Chad
Where in Oregon are you at?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Hillsboro.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 AM

Garage
Cool! Us Oregon Versys owners should get together sometime.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach_86 View Post
Hi everybody! I'm not quite a Versys rider yet, but hope to be soon. I've owned an '09 ER-6N for the last three years and as much as I loved how the bike performed, It became uncomfortable after a couple hours. It seemed like the Versys was the logical next step so I've been looking around for a used 08 or 09.
Welcome Chad. Similar tale to yours. Had an ER6F (ninja 650R) for 3+ years before I got the Versys. The Versys is definitely more comfortable for long rides. If it matters to you though, the ER6 is faster. I much prefer traveling and commuting on the Versys.

I wish I could go up your way more often. Learned to ride there years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode