Chain lube question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Chain lube question

I have read through the site and many owners seem to use the DuPont Teflon chain saver lube but which do you prefer....spray or squeeze bottle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Never tried the squeeze bottle, never seen it in stores to give it a try.

I'm a big fan of DuPont Chain Saver and their Motorcycle Degreaser. Works wonderfully and easy to find at places beyond motorcycle shops. Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc carries it.

The aerosol cans have meter-able pressure and you can control the flow. w/ or w/out the straw.

Tho I would like to get my hand on one of the squeeze bottles to carry with me, lube a chain on a trip would be good. Without having to carry around a big can, that could leak and cause a big non-stick mess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Never seen the squeeze bottle in a store. For a degreaser i just use goop hand cleaner.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
MTS

4DA link please?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-Saver-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-4-Ounce/dp/B008S7OG52/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375720665&sr=8-2&keywords=dupont+teflon+chain+saver

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
4DA link please?
Hopefully this link works....if not just search on amazon. The lowes by me only carried the squeeze bottle. I think I paid $3.99

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-Saver-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-4-Ounce/dp/B008S7OG52/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1375734094&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=dupont+chain+saver
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Just ordered 4 cans of the spray cans from Amazon.

If you want a better price, don't buy the $12 prime, click on the link that says "3 new from $7.99". I bought from Midway and with shipping it came out to <$10 a can shipped for a quantity of 4.

I just got done checking every Lowes, Wal Mart, Auto Parts store for 30 miles and there are none to be had. So I ordered online.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post

If you want a better price, don't buy the $12 prime, click on the link that says "3 new from $7.99". I bought from Midway and with shipping it came out to <$10 a can shipped for a quantity of 4.

I just got done checking every Lowes, Wal Mart, Auto Parts store for 30 miles and there are none to be had. So I ordered online.
I did the same as you and also could not find spray cans locally
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 06:50 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DA NXS View Post
Hopefully this link works....if not just search on amazon. The lowes by me only carried the squeeze bottle. I think I paid $3.99

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-S...nt+chain+saver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post

Thank you guys!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DA NXS View Post
I did the same as you and also could not find spray cans locally
Ace Hardware also carrys the Dupont spray and bottle.

I have used both the spray can and the squeeze bottle, they both work well. The squeeze bottle is easier to take on trips, and in general, it is easier to apply to the chain.

As far as using it for a drip system, wouldn't it be difficult to shake up the dispenser before turning on the drip? The lube's "thin-ness" may make it drip differently than oil?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode