Hello from the Rocket City (aka Huntsville, AL) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from the Rocket City (aka Huntsville, AL)

Hello!

I've been salivating after a Versys ever since their debut and the many positive reviews, accolades and awards that it's received afterwards. Been wanting one so badly, but never could save up enough to buy one new. Second hand wasn't that prevalent in my area, not the kind of bike you see a lot of in this part of the South.

Well tonight was the night! Yesterday I spotted one on my local Craigslist at a price I couldn't ignore. Soon as I was in contact with the seller and realized he wasn't from Nigeria requesting me to visit Western Union for a wire transfer. Ran down to my bank to get pre-approved for a signature loan so if the dream was a reality, I'd have the funds ready to go.

Met up with the seller with my father-in-law in tow (lifetime rider with a stable full of bikes) to give the bike a good look over and visit. Excellent shape, taken care of a knowledgeable middle aged man who took care of problems and took precautionary measures with his modifications to ensure no future ones. 44,000 miles on the clock, but to me that's a good thing. That tells me it was ridden, not just ridden, but ridden a good amount. Everything loosened up, maintained and not clogging away with stale fuel.

Seller was great guy and was a pleasure to do business with.

Now far as the bike. My bike history is as follows 2001 Suzuki Savage LS650, then a 2002 Honda Shadow (still have it, for now), then added a second bike, a 2003 Sporster (which I hated, it broke and stranded me constantly, ate money instead of eat up miles). I've put on 23,000 miles on my Shadow since I've had it. Been a great bike, flawless runner and always runs.

But the power difference between the Versys and my Shadow is the difference immeasurable! I've been used to having to roll on a good bit of throttle and still not really go anywhere doing so.

This bike is incredible, never ridden anything like this prior to tonight. It's like driving a Russian Lada and getting into the Saturn V.

The throttle is super sensitive and will take some getting used to. As is the acceleration, my butt left the seat in a few spots. So maneuverable!

I am in love!

Look forwards to reading and sharing with you all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nice! Welcome!

I was impressed with the Versys' handling. Coming off sportbikes, it's a blast riding around on something, sitting upright, but handles very sporty. It just falls into the turns.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 11:38 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Welcome,
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:52 AM

Garage
Welcome and Enjoy the wonderful ride that the kawasaki engineers have given us (for a small price)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Enjoy your ride.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 04:31 AM

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Did my wife sell my Versys while I'm away on a work trip! Damn! I'm giving her a call right now!

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Did my wife sell my Versys while I'm away on a work trip! Damn! I'm giving her a call right now!
Did she have short gray hair and a mustache? If so, I'm so very sorry for your loss!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by revsin View Post
Did she have short gray hair and a mustache? If so, I'm so very sorry for your loss!
Sounds like my Brother in Law! She's not answering the phone! Dang!

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode