Newbe - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Newbe

Long time lurker but finally introduce myself.I road my friends 2011 Versy last year several times after he did quit a bit of suspension improvements and was really surprise on how well it handles.So much so I bought it off of him last fall when he decided to by a Aprilla Caponora.I road it for a couple months and one late day in Oct it was 30 degrees and forgot to let the tires warm up,heated gear makes that happenToo much lean angle and it tucked the front and went into the guardrails.Bent the frame and forks.We straightened the handlebars and was able to ride it home.They totaled it but I was able to take some goodies off the bike.Spend a couple of months thinking of another Versy or try something else but kept going back to the Versy.For the money and what the bike is you can't beat it in my mine.I picked up a 2012 yellow/black one and am very happy with it.Still have to change the compression stack on the fork tube but I have the F1 rear shock and Honda calipers with braided lines one all ready.
I had the on/off throttle issue and tried to adjust the position sensor but couldn't get it smooth enough.I elected to buy an Power Commander V and install it to have the ability to adjust the fueling.I bought the 2012-2013 model and installed it on the bike.Bike would not start after installation.Did some troubleshooting and found it was the fuel injector plus not cycling the injectors.I looked through this site and couldn't find any post about the same issue.Not saying there isn't a post about it but I wanted to share the info I got from Power Commander.I emailed them and I pasted there response.I switched the OEM injector wires and it started right up.I've put about 500 miles on it and it is much better but still want to make some adjustments.Hopefully this info can help others if they run into the same problem I did.I spend many hours trying to figure it out until I emailed them.Here is a copy of there email to me.

Pat

We have been seeing some inconsistency in the stock injector polarity on these models. What we saw is that the injector polarity was one way on 2006-2011 models, then somewhere in 2012 Kawasaki started reversing the polarity of the stock fuel injector connector. So on the Power Commander for 2012 and newer models has reversed injector polarity when compared to the Power Commander unit for the 2011 and older models. Your bike might be a 2012 model, but likely has the injector polarity of the 2011 model.

To make your Power Commander work, you either need to change the wires around on the stock injector connectors or change the wires around on the injector input connector of the Power Commander harness. You would have to cut and splice wire to change the Power Commander harness. It would be easier to pull the pins out and swap them around on the stock injector connectors.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	28346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1364.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	28354  

Last edited by onewizard; 08-02-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Business and phone number / advertising / not allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Question

Errrrrrrr...........nice intro Newbie!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
awesome
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Inactive since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowbob View Post
welcome aboard
Just a little caution here as you never did a second post in 2013, your last two posts could be a spammer that took on your identity. Your first post was excellent , these last two suspicious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode