Power Commander V Maps - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Power Commander V Maps

Hi. I have a Yoshimura slip on, standard air filter and I just ordered a Power Commander V. Hopefully the commander will smooth out the surging from 3,200 - 3,800rpm on my 2013 Versys. Has anyone got or can recommend suitable Power Commander maps for my setup. The Dyno site doesn't have a great selection. Cheer Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just thought I'd update. I ditched the PC V and fitted a Dobeck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Why?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 AM

I had the PCV and a Termingnoni Exhaust installed in my V with Stock Air Filter. I do not have a Custom Map for the Termi so I just uploaded the Stock Air Filter and Two Bros Exhaust Map Config from the PC Site. Its works quite well with no popping on decel which was my main concern. The Bike runs smoother and power in low range is noticed. Hope it helps.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Gigitt,

I bought the PC 2nd hand. It was listed as the correct part for my bike year. But I couldn't get it running. I sold it again. The buyer never came back to me, so I assume it worked on the right bike.
I came across the Dobeck and thought I would give it a try. Install was easy and it seems to have solved most of my fuelling issues. I'm running it as standard. I do plan to stick it on a dyno at some stage, just to see how the set-up is with my bike.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieglitter View Post
Hi Gigitt,

I bought the PC 2nd hand. It was listed as the correct part for my bike year. But I couldn't get it running. I sold it again. The buyer never came back to me, so I assume it worked on the right bike.
I came across the Dobeck and thought I would give it a try. Install was easy and it seems to have solved most of my fuelling issues. I'm running it as standard. I do plan to stick it on a dyno at some stage, just to see how the set-up is with my bike.

I just installed a PCV and Auto Tune... There is a thread on the UK forums about it not working and I solved MY issue and which might have solved yours.

For anyone else reading this, You have to make sure that the Power Commander V Fuel Injector Harness RED wire corresponds the 12V wire of the OEM harness... The Factory OEM harness connector does not follow a wiring standard as the Fuel Injectors do not have polarity so the wires can sometimes be switched between bikes.

My 2012 Versys, I needed to de-pin the factory harness (small flat screwdriver is all that is needed) and swap the pins around in the connector.
She Fired straight up then!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
I just installed a PCV and Auto Tune... There is a thread on the UK forums about it not working and I solved MY issue and which might have solved yours.

For anyone else reading this, You have to make sure that the Power Commander V Fuel Injector Harness RED wire corresponds the 12V wire of the OEM harness... The Factory OEM harness connector does not follow a wiring standard as the Fuel Injectors do not have polarity so the wires can sometimes be switched between bikes.

My 2012 Versys, I needed to de-pin the factory harness (small flat screwdriver is all that is needed) and swap the pins around in the connector.
She Fired straight up then!
I went through TWO powercommander 5's before I found this post...Dynojet didn't seem to know anything about the problem until after my mechanic informed them (after I told him)...
I was looking around the site for a good map for my yoshi exhaust..but I'm leaning towards having my mechanic tune it (ex-honda race team tuner)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode