Hope to be soon in Montana - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hope to have Versys soon In Montana

I don't have a Versys now, but a blue 09' is in the works. I work at the local Polaris/Victory dealership in Billings and my current bike is a Victory which I now have for sale. The Kawasaki dealer in Redlodge is offering me a 09' Blue Versys out the door price for $6799.00. There is no sales tax here and the dealer is waiving shipping and set-up which makes it appealing to me. Everything I have read about this bike came from this forum so thanks to all that contributed because it helped me make my decision on buying a Versys.
Anyone that has ever ridden the secondary roads in Montana knows that gas stations can be far and few. They also know there can be many surprises or obstacles along the way (chip sealing, cattle drives, gravel road detours etc.) In Montana and Wyoming we have some of the most scenic, but deadly highways in the nation. The Versys seems to be the answer for the traveling I like to do. My first addition will be a windshield (I like the Madstad set-up with windshield) because Montana likes to chip seal without warning. Anyway wish me luck on selling my Vic so I can buy the Versys. Joe

Last edited by siskokid; 04-28-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 12:49 PM

That's a great price-hope you sell your Victory soon.

Versys has 5 gallon tank and averages about 50mpg, so you have 200miles + until you go on reserve. (Headwinds, high-speeds etc etc can bring it down).

Might want to hold off on the windshield-in fact any accessories until you have 1000 miles or so on it.

One of my first buys was going to be a shield, but after 17k miles, I still have the stock and like it. I'm 5'10" if that's any help.

I did add the following; Twinshack Hugger.
Speedy (www.motowerk.com) flatfoot, mirror extenders, passenger extension foot pegs.
Givi toprack and topcase.
Soft side luggage.
TomTom GPS.
Throttle rocker.
Throttle lock.
Kept stock seat, but added sheepskin and AIRHAWK on longer trips.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the reply and that's probably good advice to hold off on the accessories. I bought the Vic to accommodate the wife more than anything, but since she doesn't like riding it just doesn't warrant keeping the big guy. I liked the 06' Buell Ulysses I had because of the mileage it got, but man did that thing vibrate.The Versys will work fine for me because I limit my rides to about 300 miles round trip. Anything longer they'll have to pry me off the handlebars and seat. I see looking at your travel map you've been over here and know the kind of road conditions that exist in Montana. I'm really looking forward to getting this Versys. Later, sisko

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
That's a great price-hope you sell your Victory soon.

Versys has 5 gallon tank and averages about 50mpg, so you have 200miles + until you go on reserve. (Headwinds, high-speeds etc etc can bring it down).

Might want to hold off on the windshield-in fact any accessories until you have 1000 miles or so on it.

One of my first buys was going to be a shield, but after 17k miles, I still have the stock and like it. I'm 5'10" if that's any help.

I did add the following; Twinshack Hugger.
Speedy (www.motowerk.com) flatfoot, mirror extenders, passenger extension foot pegs.
Givi toprack and topcase.
Soft side luggage.
TomTom GPS.
Throttle rocker.
Throttle lock.
Kept stock seat, but added sheepskin and AIRHAWK on longer trips.

Machog
Machdog, where did you order your twin shack hugger?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 PM

It came from Twinshack in the UK.
http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/126.html

It comes in a very pale blue fiberglass color. Easy to paint with spray on stuff from Wally World.

Tried matt black first, but blue hew still came through. Then tried to match the red-looked horrible because it wasn't a good match-finally went to gloss black.

GBP82.00 about US$132.00 today, plus shipping from UK to US-wasn't cheap, but I think its the best one out there and I worth it.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode