Any northern Vermont riders? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any northern Vermont riders?

Are there any other northern Vermont or NY riders out there? I'd like to arrange a group ride sometime.

Tom P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 AM

I recently moved to VT and I've been wondering this myself. I'm in Waitsfield. There are some great twisties around me. Let me know if you want to meet up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Yeah you DO have some great twistys near you! Where did you move here from? My weekends are pretty busy until June 9, but I'll have more time after that. OR, early morning weekend ride would work for me. Tell me about your bike. I just git mint on Saturday. A red 2008 Versys with only 930 mikes on it when I took delivery. (It has a lot more miles now!)

Cheers,

Tom P.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 AM

I moved from PA. I got laid off from my job so I took the opportunity to move to VT to be with my girlfriend. Right now I'm looking for a job that at least pays a little more than minimum wage. Other than that I can ride any time I want.

I also have a Passion Red '08 Versys and it's my first bike. I took the MSF course last June and got my license. (the course is free in PA) I had a hard time finding a Versys but a dealer wrangled one off of another dealer and I've been having a blast ever since. I've put on over 4000 miles and it's running like a charm. I rode the V up to VT last Monday the 20th. It was just short of 400 miles too bad I had to deal with crazy wind gusts, rain, a little snow and even freezing rain. It was all worth it to have my bike again. Here's a quick run down of my add-ons.

Givi V35 Luggage and racks
Givi Windscreen
SW Motech chain guard
T-Rex Spools for Race Stand
Axio Silver Tailbag
Barkbuster Handguards
H&B Engine Guard
$20 no name Ninja Sliders
Moto Werk Universal GPS / Gauge Mount (I put my EZ pass on the back side and it works great)
Moto Werk Mirror Extensions
Moto Werk Flat Foot

Check out my Flickr page if you want to see some pictures of my bike. I haven't taken any more recent pictures lately but I will correct this soon.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Hey brothercannon,

It's been a few days since I logged on to this forum. I'm still learning my way around the website. Saw the pics of your ride...very nice! I've only had mine 8 days and I'm already thinking about mods. We should meet up sometime soon and take a ride through smuggler's notch. It's really nice up there.

TP
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 AM

Any time you want to meet up, just let me know. I tried going through the notch on Thursday but it was closed. It should be open soon. I'll send you a pm with my email address.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm in Montreal, but burlington is only a bike ride away. If you guys decide to ride near the border, I'd happy to join.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 PM

I'd like to check out Canada but I don't have a passport. I don't even have a VT drivers license yet. But any way, I think it would be great if you would join us on a ride.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

I second that.

I just did a 136 mile ride yesterday and I have to say, the seat is indeed a torture device for me! Great for commuting, but if I'm going to do a number of longer rides, this seat has got to go.

Any suggestions?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM

The Expensive easy route is buying a corbin seat, or the Kawasaki low gel seat. The problem with these options is you won't know if either of these seats feel more comfortable to you until you buy them. The middle route is to have someone else rework the seat. The cheap do it you self route is to reshape the seat your self. There are a couple of threads on these topics. Another thing you can try is adjusting the way you sit. If you are not sitting on the V the way it was intended it can cause fatigue. Lowering the foot pegs or adjusting the handle bars could also improve how the seat feels to you.

Personally I think the seat is pretty good. I've ridden 400 miles in a day and my butt is a bit sore but not enough for me to call it a torture device. I've been thinking about getting some kind of pad for the seat but that's about as far as I'd go to make it more comfortable. I'm also thinking of lowering the foot pegs and putting on handlebar risers. For me I think these 2 things would make the V more comfortable than doing something with the seat.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I will try some of the other adjustments that you suggest. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode