Hello From Northern Ontario - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello From Northern Ontario

Hello from Northern Ontario, Canada. Been on motocross bikes racing since 13 years old, now 43. Have a 2007KX250F, and now the Green 2009 Versys, which I love. Being an imature 43yr.old I've already been jumping in and out of the ditch in the front of my house with the versys. I'm currently a Captain on a Boeing 737-800 (scary, I know!), which I love also. I like the saying, " Lifes objective is not about arriving at the grave safe and sound, but to come in sliding sideways yelling "holy **** what a ride!"."

Last edited by pilotrt; 04-26-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Oh oh, is that a Westjetter here...? Welcome from an AC Pilot. Where are you in Northern Ont?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Welcome, grab a coffee and enjoy your reading here

Regards,

Dave

2009 Versys (Metallic Moon dust Gray) Speedy lowering pegs, Speedy Kick stand pad, Speedy Mirror extensions, Vario Windshield, Oxford heated grips and SW-Motech Engine Guards.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 KLR (Red) - Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Splitmind, thanks for the welcome. I'm in sudbury, and I work for Sunwing. Been off for 14 months, lost the medical, and probably won't get it back, its at that age I guess. Its all good, 'cause I now own a Versys!

Last edited by pilotrt; 04-28-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Pilotrt,

OMG, thats always a pilots biggest fear. One of my best friends is a Capt at Sunwing, he heads off to Manchester next week for a 5 month tour of duty. I've heard that its a great company. Best of luck regaining the Cat I. Transport can be nasty with these things.

Enjoy the Versys. Its a brilliant all arounder. You've got miles of amazing traffic roads out that way just perfect for this bike. The road from where you are to Thunder Bay on the north shore is one of the best for scenery, and seeing no more than a few cars per hour.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Ya know, its a fantastic company. The best I've ever encountered. They have been 100% supportive. I'm hoping to get it back. Just got word yesterday that I'm sidlined for another 6 months. So I'm gonna use the time wisely. You up in Thundering bay? If so I'd like to head up there this summer. That drive is awsome. Let me know if you want to get together. RT
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM

No I worked out of YQT in 92-93, but after ten years in YYZ I'm finally in YVR. The drive along the north shore is one of Canada's best, along with the Cabot Trail, and Banff to Vancouver.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 PM

Welcome

Welcome Aboard Pilotrt!
Great to see another Ontario rider.
I'm sure the VersysOntario Motorcycling Team (V.O.M.I.T.)will be getting out for a group ride or two this summer, hopefully you can join us.
Congrat on your new bike I here the green ones are almost as fast as the red ones.
ttfn

muskie
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I would love to go on a vomit ride, hell, I"ve done it enough! Vomit that is. As far as the color vrs. speed thing I won't get sucked into that argument, as I already know that Green is the most eye catching, can be used as camoflage, and of course,is the fastest, by far! RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode