Greetings from Pittsburgh - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Greetings from Pittsburgh

Hi All - Greetings from the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

I've a '09 Versys that had a wonderful, low-mileage pervious owner. Mine now, and it's finally the right bike for me -- previously had a Buell Ulysses and DRZ400 (something about taking that to 80 MPH and feeling the engine about to burst, that made it unworkable for road trips).

But the Versys really is ideal. Stylish yet practical, quiet & smooooooth, smartly practical.

I hope I can contribute here as much as I think I can benefit from what's already posted.

Happy Trails!
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 AM

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 AM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 AM

Missed you by ... that much!

Welcome snowdirtbill. You live in one of the best riding areas I've encountered. Just left Washington, PA, headed for Myrtle Beach, then Florida, where everything is flat & straight. Already missing the wealth of rolling, twisting routes through Laurel Highlands and in to West Virginia along WV-7. Good folks here, very helpful, knowledgeable and humorous. Keep it safe and enjoy your V.
Attached Images

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Versys View Post
Welcome snowdirtbill. You live in one of the best riding areas I've encountered. Just left Washington, PA, headed for Myrtle Beach, then Florida, where everything is flat & straight. Already missing the wealth of rolling, twisting routes through Laurel Highlands and in to West Virginia along WV-7. Good folks here, very helpful, knowledgeable and humorous. Keep it safe and enjoy your V.
Thanks for the everyone! Looking forward to enjoying the company of fellow Versys riders!

Satanic (love that name), very nice of you to say about this area. I'm originally from the Midwest, so never a day goes by w/o me being fascinated by the beauty of these windy roads, hills and mountains. Of course one has to pay a LOT more attention to the ride with all these curves all the time... and I'm the distractible type!

Cheers!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdirtbill View Post
Thanks for the everyone! Looking forward to enjoying the company of fellow Versys riders!

Satanic (love that name), very nice of you to say about this area. I'm originally from the Midwest, so never a day goes by w/o me being fascinated by the beauty of these windy roads, hills and mountains. Of course one has to pay a LOT more attention to the ride with all these curves all the time... and I'm the distractible type!

Cheers!
Know what you mean. Have encountered a few "pucker-factor" locations in that area; best to slow down and enjoy the views. Also learned that Pittsburgh-area roads that clearly will take you over a hill don't always go over that hill. But some of my best rides have happened because I took a wrong turn and wound up someplace wonderful. Local roads south of Washington and east of I-79 (in the area of Mount Morris) is a great place to get lost. WV-7 from Morgantown, through Hundred and south of US-250 was quite enjoyable, even on a weekend. All the best!

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

SV - Thanks for those pointers in WV, I have much to explore down there. Yeah, def pucker factor on windy roads. But good for the brain and reflexes for sure - great point about the teaser hills too, so true. Safe travels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode