Howdy from the Lone Star State! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howdy from the Lone Star State!

Just traded in my Ninja 650 for a Versys a few hours ago! I never imagined myself owning this bike...I just didn't think it was my "style" coming from a sportbike background. But after sitting on it a few weeks ago after taking in my Ninja for a tune-up, I was hooked! The best part about riding it home (other than the comfort level over my Ninja) was having other riders slowing down as they passed me (damn break-in period!) to take a look at the bike and probably wondering, "What the f*@# is that?!?"

Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this fast-growing community! Any other female Versys riders on this site?

Ride safe!

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome home Jen! Where in Texas are you??

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome! I'm just SE of Houston near Johnson Space Center...I've been in TX for about 6 years now...originally from Indiana! How does that Texas saying go? "Hoosier by birth, Texan by the Grace of God?" I can do without the hurricanes, but I'll take the year-round riding any day! Where is Converse?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

North east of San Antonio. We've been here since '94. We're inland far enough to be missed by most of the hurricanes, and yes, the riding season is nice...

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 12:36 AM

Don't come to Oregon if you don't like rain. Did my first riding in the rain today. Different experience (waterproof motorcycle clothing passed with flying colors), and the Versys handled just fine in traffic!

Welcome!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Oregon is actually on my list of states I'd love to see! I imagine you've got some beautiful riding up there! I remember my first ride in the rain down here...caught w/ no rain gear...I was quite impressed with how quickly I got soaked to the bone! We're prone to "tropical storms" here...I never knew it could rain with the sun still beating down on you at the same time!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM

boiler97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler97 View Post
Oregon is actually on my list of states I'd love to see! I imagine you've got some beautiful riding up there! I remember my first ride in the rain down here...caught w/ no rain gear...I was quite impressed with how quickly I got soaked to the bone! We're prone to "tropical storms" here...I never knew it could rain with the sun still beating down on you at the same time!
All this talk of sun, here I am in the good ole UK looking out of the window, the winds blowing a hooly, and the rains falling like stair rods. Plus its bloody cold Its a public holiday weekend And I cant get out on the V Still welcome to the forum from here in the UK and keep us informed on your rides ect,,,,
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Its currently 92 degrees F (feels like 192!), the sun is beating down with no mercy, the breeze is very weak & I'm cutting the grass. Whew, its hot!! Oh, & it gets hotter over the next few months...

(what a whiner!)

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Its currently 92 degrees F (feels like 192!), the sun is beating down with no mercy, the breeze is very weak & I'm cutting the grass. Whew, its hot!! Oh, & it gets hotter over the next few months...

(what a whiner!)

I would like to say i hate you dude, but from here it would have to be, Your a horrible person old boy,, ,, ha.ha. You just wait to we get our second hot day of the year I might even get a tan,,,, Ride careful dude,,,,,
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 PM

Welcome

Welcome! I got a few looks riding my Versys home the first day also.

The Versys is a great bike and you will love riding it. I just wish there some Versys Riders closer to me.

If you are ever riding in North Texas, look me up.

Ride safe..

2013 Vulcan Classic LT but may be going back in the fold..
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler97 View Post
The riding thus far is spectacular. Lots of ideas on where I want to go with the bike, just need more time to do it! Spent the weekend on the coast - had 65 degrees and sun for the ride on Saturday, ride back tonight was 51 degrees, cloudy and misty. I gotta remember my jacket liner next time...
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 AM

Welcome to the site.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 AM

Welcome Jen.......now you have comfort.....and great handling.

'15 DL1000
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 10:37 PM

I would like to introduce myself, I am a new Texas Versys owner from deep south Texas on the border, by the sea in Laguna Vista, Texas, just across the bay from South Padre Island.

I am really looking forward to getting to know other Texas riders. Our riding areas here are very boring and I run up to the Hill Country whenever I can to get some variety.

Hope to see you guys on the road some time,

Zeniac
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 11:05 PM

well.....since some Texans have chimed in I guess I'll do the same. I have my bike on order due in Wednesday. I can't wait. I'm a transplant as well, though I've been here since '89...originally from Southern California, currently living just North of Dallas by about 25 miles.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to cabazorro
Howyadoing!? From NJ.
I'm also in the break in period and I'm starting to get to spot the commuters in my way to work (25m each way). I'm also breaking-in of my ears. Meaning to listen to the engine talk which is my way to know when to shift. 2 riders already stopped me to complement the the bike. What I need now is a long and quiet winding road here in central jersey. I learned to ride in the hilly roads of Austin TX on a suzuki GS500. If you ever drive your bike through the capitol go to 2222, you'll enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode