Versys in Illinois - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys in Illinois

Hello, to everyone, I just got my new 08 on 4-16-09 and it seems like a great bike. Only have a few hundred miles on it, but cant wait for the break in period to be over so I can really enjoy the bike. I have had bigger, faster bikes, but the fun factor on this bike is awesome. Always liked dual purpose bikes, but the Versys has made riding fun again, Im hooked already, plan to ride this bike as much as possible! This site is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 AM

hey bro where in illinois are you located
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

I live in Taylorville, Illinois. Its 30 miles south of Springfield, Illinois.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Taylorville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSYS RIDER 08 View Post
I live in Taylorville, Illinois. Its 30 miles south of Springfield, Illinois.
Hell- Your just 16 miles from me then!! Im in Pawnee.

2008 Versys
Muzzy Exhaust-race core!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket
Fiamm 132 db low note horn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
SW-Motech Quick release Brackets
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Joe Rocket Manta Tankbag-Red
Kawi Tank Protector
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequadnut View Post
Hell- Your just 16 miles from me then!! Im in Pawnee.
And I'm in Decatur. Hey guys, we really should get together.

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Im in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
And I'm in Decatur. Hey guys, we really should get together.

On a side note- Got a group of guys thinking about a Fast eddies/Alton Trip next sat(4/25). Also Steel Justice has a Poker Run 2. Decisions,decisions-But I love them Elwoods!!!
Pm me if you guys want to come-More than welcome!!

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.10662,-90.101624&amp;spn=0.266405,1.768799&amp;z=9&amp;ou tput=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.10662,-90.101624&amp;spn=0.266405,1.768799&amp;z=9&amp;so urce=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

or this maybe?
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.10662,-90.101624&amp;spn=0.266405,1.768799&amp;z=9&amp;ou tput=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.10662,-90.101624&amp;spn=0.266405,1.768799&amp;z=9&amp;so urce=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector

Last edited by thequadnut; 04-19-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: See if this works-A proposed faste eddies rt
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like we will have to go riding some time in the near future, heck I work in Decatur, hopefully for a while. This may be a question for another thread but any suggestions for break in. I have been pretty good about staying under 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, and I guess its under 6 until 1000. I have only had mine 3 days and cant wait to get it broke in, I have been passed by everything on the planet, but I love this bike. I bought a 07 1250 in 08 and liked the engine but didnt ever really feel comfortable on the bike. Im glad it didnt now that I have the Versys, fun is back in the ride.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

This site is awesome but all the stuff available for this bike are going to get me killed by my wife. Already want mirror extenders, a flat foot, peg lowering brackets and maybe someday a exhaust. Quadnut hows the Muzzy exhaust sound? Im going to go to youtube and see if any are posted.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Youll have to listen for yourself!!

Quote:
This site is awesome but all the stuff available for this bike are going to get me killed by my wife. Already want mirror extenders, a flat foot, peg lowering brackets and maybe someday a exhaust. Quadnut hows the Muzzy exhaust sound? Im going to go to youtube and see if any are posted.
I like it!! BUt you may have to buzz over for a listen!!

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Nice, been on here a day and have people to ride with already.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I have been pretty good about staying under 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, and I guess its under 6 until 1000. I have only had mine 3 days and cant wait to get it broke in, I have been passed by everything on the planet, but I love this bike. I bought a 07 1250 in 08 and liked the engine but didnt ever really feel comfortable on the bike. Im glad it didnt now that I have the Versys, fun is back in the ride.
You've made it through the tough part. The Versys is kinda boring under 4000 and seems like it's lugging. 4000-6000 though is a whole nuther thing! The bike developes good power in that range and the motor really smooths out. You'll have 1000 miles on it in no time!

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 05:03 PM

Quadnut,
I don't think I'll be available next weekend. I've got vacation time through the rest of the month and I'll probably be in Missouri or Arkansas exploring backroads and campsites on my KLR. But keep me in mind for later.

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Spiderman, dont mean to sound like a motorhead, just want to be able to keep up on interstate without being left behind or hurting the new engine. I used to own a 86 KLR 600 and it wasnt a bad bike, but nowhere near the bike the KLR 650 is. Heck if I even pointed mine at trails it would overheat, but I still kept it until 1995 or so, and really enjoyed it. Have a good ride!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quadnut, thanks for the invite, but Im not sure about trying to keep up with a group until I get her broke in, but I will definitely go riding in the future. Thanks!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Quadnut, thanks for the invite, but Im not sure about trying to keep up with a group until I get her broke in, but I will definitely go riding in the future. Thanks!

No Prob-Open Invite though! Of course we ride pretty easy too. Nothing crazy or breakneck speed at all.

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM

ok-heres a link

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...460937&t=h&z=9

2008 Versys

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Kawi Tank Protector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode