Time for fun! 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
KVF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Time for fun! 2

Now here we are 25 years later and I'm about 50 years old and feel'in it physically. I've given in to most of what the crazy women wanted over these years and had four surprises (kids) with that crazy woman. I've sacrificed most of all the big things in life I wanted for everybody else. I don't know how much time I have left on the planet. No I'm not sick with anything. I just don't know how long I'll live or have good enough health to do the things I'd wanted to do. My wife says she wants me to be happier and if a bike will help go ahead. But, she really wishes I wouldn't get a bike.
So, my mom has like two bikes. My brother has two bikes. My good neighbor has a nice bike. Well, it's time for me to have some fun before it's all over.
Being a engineer of sorts I did lots of research .....
And decided on the Versys. Now, to find a great deal on one that is a 2010 or newer. I tried to buy one from the local dealer, however they wanted to pack there pockets full of my money. So, I found a nice used one from the KTM dealer in Moorsville, NC and a great guy to boot. It's a 2011 with 3300 miles on it and some extra's.
I'm enjoying the new challenge of learning to ride.
So for now, good night to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 AM

Congrats on the new bike,I am also 50 and did the same thing as you, decided life is worth living and wanted more me time on 2 wheels, I came from a klr but decided getting lost in the woods just to find my way out is for the young, this bike is perfect eccept for the windscreen which now has been fixed via twisted throttle
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 07:17 AM

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 AM

Welcome, I also got back on a bike at 51 after a 25 or so year hiatus to raise a family.
It has been 5 years back in the saddle an luvin' it.
Enjoy the Versys, it is a great bike.

2013 Versys1000
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
One of the main reasons i never got married. Never wanted someone telling me what i could or couldn't do. I'm 51 and a happy guy surrounded by miserable married friends.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 AM

Garage
Welcome. Congratulations on the new bike and on living a new part of your life! I only had to wait 38 years to get on 2 wheels, and I continue to squeeze all I can from what remains! Life is a one lap race.

Enjoy!!

Always trust your cape.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Geez. You're making me feel old at 68. I'll get back to you in 18 years and see if you are keeping up. I think my wife would be just as happy if I got on the V and headed into the sunset.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Welcome! Hey just a suggestion, but consider taking a riding course if you haven't ridden much in the past, well worth the investment and it could save your life. Enjoy your bike...it's an awesome ride!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
KVF

People, I here people.

I here people = I'm surprised to have so many people respond to my stuff (post).
Thank you, my life is a bit secluded and it's real nice hearing from you all!
Here's a little more of my stuff.
When I decided to get a bike, I of course had to pick one. I had a faint memory from years ago of a bike that I loved the looks of. I figured out what it was and it turned out to be 1983-86 Honda Shadows. I still love the looks of those original bikes. However, the need for fun outweighed all the work to restore and upkeep an old bike. Plus looking at the Versys you get fuel injection, adjustable shocks... and little upkeep on an almost new bike. During my six months figuring out what bike to get and finding a nice Versys I was willing to buy, I picked up riding clothes, helmet all for clearance pricing or less. Moneys important sense I still have four kids at home. I took the beginning motorcycle class in March of this year and had soooooo much fun and had the best instructors. For now, I want to have fun riding MY bike. I really need to get some new tires on it, as well as hard cases. I got caught out in the rain and didn't have my rain gear with me. Not fun riding with cold rain continuously running in my crotch.
Dear Buckeye, sorry to make you feel old.
Dear weljo2001, I know what you mean.
Dear V-COASTER & chwhnd, cool someones like me.
Dear Capn Kirk, love the name CapnKirk and wish Star Trek was now. Do you watch syfy stuff?
Good night to all.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 AM
MTS

I had a Honda Shadow, you will love the V.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM

You've got a beautiful area to ride on a great bike for it.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome KVF. You live where there are great motorcycle roads, but also where there are very challenging motorcycle roads. Keep it sane and don't get in over your head. I recommend you take the advanced MSF course to help shake off the cobwebs, and since you are an engineer of sorts, you might enjoy reading "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough, and "Total Control" by Lee Parks.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 PM

from the other side of the state. Can't wait to get my V up in the mountains!

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode