Hello from Alaska - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Alaska

Thanks to all the Forum posts, I have gathered such experiance from so many, again Thanks.
Today will be checking the engine mount if need of any spacers.
April 3rd after work, rode home New Blue 2009. After only 30 miles I was frozen but with a big smile wind chill about 5-10 F.
Purchased Versys 2 weeks ago but still Winter Ice conditions had to wait, and Oh the anticiaption to finally pick up the Versys. After I got home and warmed up I installed the New Givi Winscreen previously order. Took a ride and discovered my chest was no longer cold, Givi Screen did the trick.
Have ordered a Shad Cargo Top rack Ordered SH40 with a back pad for passanger. I will throw a bone to vendor who offers free UPS ground shipping to all 50 states if interested in SHAD luggage. www.scootershop.com
$312.00 delivered for Rack, SH40 Top box and back pad.
Only one road into Alaska, I'm in SouthCentral "Palmer" so fell free to PM me if your planning a trip up here. July can Ride all night long and don't need extra lighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Welcome and congrats! That all night sunlight is a littel freaky for us southerners. I guess when it is dark all day and night it is too cold to ride.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 PM

Welcome, spent many happy days in your part of the world. But, not on a bike......yet. Snow machined at Eagle Lake, Alyeska etc.

I was once present in Fairbanks when the local HD club had their annual 1st of May run-regardless of conditions. That 1st of May it was icy and there were numerous minor spills. One guy had an HD trike with spikes all round, he did great.

Hope your the ice and grit all soon gone and you can put lots of miles on your machine.

Machog

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
to the site dood. I spent time up there while working on the slope in 90',91'and 95'. In the summer I remember seeing some guys in Deadhorse that had rode all the way up the haul road along the pipeline. I could only dream about getting to ride Cook Inlet during long daylight in the summer. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode