Highway footpegs - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Highway footpegs

Hello everyone. I'm a new member here posting my first post. I own a 2012 Versys. My farkles include:

Hepco and Becker Crash Bars
Givi Panniers
Motowerk Mirror Extenders
Baldwin Customized seat
Handlebar protectors

I'll post some pics at a later time.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of highway foot pegs from Motowerk. Legs are getting a little cramped on the longer trips and I need to stretch them out. Not sure I want to go with the peg lowering kit.

I really like weljo2001's setup where he attaches to the frame and not his H&B crash bars. Hope he reads this post because I have questions for him.

1) Did you have to make any mods to mount the motowerk's highway mounts to the frame rather than your H&B crash bars?

2) What pegs did you go with?

3) Hmm..wonder if the mounts come in black? Maybe I'll ask Speedy when I place my order.

The post reference is below. Since I'm a new member I cannot post directly. Hope weljo2001 sees my post here.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=30114
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

One more thing

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome, if weljo does not see your post you could just send him a personal message.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had no problem using the MotoWerks Peg Mounts with the H/B's Crash Bars I'm 6'2" 33"inseam The place i normally get them are out of stock but heres some in black if you want at amazon. I though some one posted awhile back that Speedy could get you the black peg mount for $10.00 more.http://www.amazon.com/RIVCO-PRODUCTS-HIGHWAY-MOUNT-PEGSBK/dp/B00579LUYE/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1370353544&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=rivcco+highway+pegs

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Garage
BTW.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Garage
I just installed Speedy's Highway Peg mounts, on the frame. Easy and solid intallation. I did put a strip of clear adhesive vinyl on the frame first to stop any scuffs or scratches.

I found peg options to be very limited for straight bolt on pegs. I've gone with the same plain fold up pegs you see on Speedy's web site. They are quite inexpensive.

If I knew I could have had the mounts in black, I likely would have gone for that option, but the silver is a match to the swing arm and rear sets anyway. They look good.

Always trust your cape.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all who replied

And Weljo2001..you da man with much thanks.

Just one more question. Did you have have to go with a longer foot peg to get past the crash bar when mounting to the frame?

I did some looking on here and saw an earlier post of yours. Are these the pegs you went with?

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

Also looking forward to view more pics. I am going to go with black to match my rad cover and crash bars.

Again thanks all!!

PS. Can I post regularly now? I'm not a bot!!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclean View Post
Again thanks all!!

48 hrs after your 2nd post and you will be good to go
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Kiwi

How things your way? It's freezing here, waiting for summer...grrrrrrr
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
How things your way? It's freezing here, waiting for summer...grrrrrrr
Its currently 3 am and 0 celcius but may drop to -2 around 6 am but was forcast for -7. Shorest day in a couple of weeks, day time temps still getting up to 17 c some days but normal day highs around 10 to 13 c
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Sounds like Winter your way

Well, a little warmer here.

weljo2001. Thanks, I finally checked the link to the pegs. Misread your original post and thought you meant black mounts. These pegs you reference fold up properly and are not hindered by the crash bar?

Hopefully my last question for the day, think I need more coffee.

PS..Sorry bout your fall weljo.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

, think I need more coffee.

I need a coffee to get me through night shift but at least after tommorow night and will not be back on shift until 3rd to 4th week of july, just trying to run a boiler out of coal now for season.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM

from a fellow 2012 V owner

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full."
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
And Weljo2001..you da man with much thanks.

Just one more question. Did you have have to go with a longer foot peg to get past the crash bar when mounting to the frame?

I did some looking on here and saw an earlier post of yours. Are these the pegs you went with?

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

Also looking forward to view more pics. I am going to go with black to match my rad cover and crash bars.

Again thanks all!!

Those are the ones i have and thats where i got them. I got those pegs to go with a different set of peg mounts which are much heavier, much bulkier and more expensive than Speedys. They were mounted on the H/B's. When Speedy made his i switched them out. I like the pegs because they have some size to them. I wear a size 13 boot.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM

Garage
Speedy's Highway Peg mounts, with folding pegs, installed to the frame:

More pics here:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=30114

Always trust your cape.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Garage
Quote:

weljo2001. Thanks, I finally checked the link to the pegs. Misread your original post and thought you meant black mounts. These pegs you reference fold up properly and are not hindered by the crash bar?

Hopefully my last question for the day, think I need more coffee.

PS..Sorry bout your fall weljo.
Sooner or later everyone falls. Better at a standstill that at 50mph. Heres photos just after install.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7628060642592/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

V. Rider thanks for the warm welcome....appreciate it

ATYC...great pics. Thanks. How do they ride? How tall are you and your inseam size.

weljo...going with your setup. Spoke with Speedy, they can do a black mount for $15 extra but won't be ready until mid-July. I'll wait. Ordered the same pegs in black from Amazon. Thanks for the link.

Regards
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
ATYC...great pics. Thanks. How do they ride? How tall are you and your inseam size.
Only had a short test today, but I'm doing a 200km highway ride tomorrow. As mounted, they are 20" ahead and 3" above the rider pegs. I can put my soles on them for a comfortable leg forward position. OR I can rest my feet on top wth my ankles on the pegs which has my knees straight out.

One (of many) reasons I have the Versys is the upright seating with my feet below my hips. That's my prefered riding position. But after having done some long rides, I know I'll like having the option the stretch the legs out sometimes.

I'm 5'8", 31" inseam. Bike is stock height with stock pegs.

Always trust your cape.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Enjoy your ride tomorrow

Let me know how you make out. I just finished a 1300km ride over the weekend in Michigan. This is where I realized I need to stretch out and invest in some highway pegs.

Thanks
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 08:02 PM

Garage
Had a good long test of the pegs today. Rode for about an hour on the 400 series Hwy plus 2 hours on secondary highways. Covered about 300 kms. I still like having my feet under me, but it was nice to change it up a bit and get my knees straight sometimes. I think it will make a big difference is comfort for long rides.

Always trust your cape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
highway pegs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode