my new versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
my new versys

just picked it up today, very impressed, nice and smooth, very little vibration, just sold my 03' r1150rt bmw, it had more vibration than the V does in the bars, leg room is about the same, arm positioning is better, I'm really liking the handling over the RT, and the fact it weighs so much less is pure joy, very happy, paid $6600.00 OTD all fees included and my dealer had to go to N.C to get one! i live in VA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 PM

Good to have you with us!

Let us know about some of your rides in Virginia this summer. No matter where you go in that state, it's beautiful. I lived in Arlington for about six months when I was young and I've been through the state lots of times as an adult. Great country for a motorcycle!

You're right about the joy of having the light weight of the Versys. I took a quick ride on my son's Harley Heritage Softail this past weekend. It's a gorgeous cruiser that's wrapped in chrome and nostalgia, but getting it through a couple of tight corners is like trying to push a huge cast iron bathtub up a hill while wearing roller skates!

Again, welcome to the forum!

Happy Riding,
Kevin

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Me & several guys are planning a ride to Virginia in the next couple of weeks. We thought about coming up the Shenandoah Valley (Roanoke, Harrisonburg) then coming back to S.C. through the middle of the state. do you have any ideas? How about a place to get a good hot dog. Thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

my new versys

your right Va. is a great state to ride in. I've only put about 75 miles on the V this weekend, been raining alot,but i do love it already, this is a truly underated bike!, before buying it i rode a few others trying to decide which direction to go, rode the v strom 1000, ... very comfortable, but not impressed with the power, thought a 1000 would have more, everyone says the strom 650 is a better choice, never rode one of them to tell for myself, also test orde a suzuki bandit, great power, smooth engine, ergos were good, has good potential to make a nice tourer, but a little too much of a sport bike feel for me after coming off the 1150rt of 5 years...... to be honest it really has more power than i would ever use in normal riding situations, i don't need to go 140 mph! ..... The V engine is butter smooth, has a very realistic power band, not too much , not too little, freeway riding is a breeze, which is all i was after, i didn't want a bike that would struggle on the highway, nice suspension, handlebars. the seat is a little narrow , but i have a few ideas on how to make it better..... the grips are a little thin, maybe some foam covers to reduce hand fatigue.... in 2 weeks i have a 700 mile roundtrip ride, down the parkway to cherokee , gatlingurg, and back, that should tell me alot. i'll post more updates as i learn more about my new V......cheers
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Roanoke has a nice downtown, lots of good places to eat, has the famous johnny's tavern, and the roanoke weiner stand, check out the Mill Mountain Star while your at it. if you like Blues music, try the Blues & BBQ ...... drop me a line when you think you may be in the area, and me and a few buddies could meet up, show you around...... in case you haven't been on the parkway , check it out just watch for the deer in the evening... safe riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode