New member from the Pacific NorthWet - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member from the Pacific NorthWet

Hi all

I live in the Pacific NorthWet, more specifically, Seattle. Having just joined your forum, I would like to introduce myself. I'm an old fart and have been riding for most of the last 35-40 years. It started with a Lambretta 175 and then progressed to a new 650SS Norton. Many bikes have come and gone in the many years inbetween those and the new Versys. Admittedly, I still have quite a few bikes.

I lusted over the Versys from the first time I saw one at the Vancouver Cycle show in Abbotsford in 2007. When they started stateside, I wasn't ready to jump and ended up waiting for the '09's. Good call for me as they had my favorite color, green. I picked up the bike in late Nov '09 and had it broken in by the middle of Dec. Only have around 1400 mi as of now, but that has been with some miserable weather here in the Pacific NorthWet.

While I had planned on using the Versys to replace my Suzi Bandit 600ST, my wonderful wife has said no reason to do that. Keep both. I refer to the Bandit as a 600 ST as it is definitely set up for sport touring with hard bags (Krausers) and adjusted (to me) pegs and bars. I'm finding the Versys to be better for most of the riding I was doing on the Bandit and will see how I like it for really long rides this spring, summer, and fall.

So far I've added the Speedy lowering kit, flatfoot, and mirror extenders as well as Givi V35 bags, a Wolfman tankbag, KTM handguards, extra led taillights, fender extender, and a homebuilt map holder (very usefull for those of us with bi-focal glasses). On the bench is a rear hugger that I haven't had time to completely mount. Soon.

I've met some of the folks that are here on this site and recently advised someone to join in after we found a Versys for him.

Frog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunny
Welcome../and greetings from the great white north...We had 8 inches on snow last night. It looks like riding season will never begin. Hope it's better where you are.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 03:41 PM

to the forum. Do you still own the Norton? I have two, one I need to restore and one my father left behind. Check this out. I joined the "Michigan Norton Owners Association" after I got it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stockbrige,Mi.2008.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	362.1 KB
ID:	2494  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nortasaki; 03-22-2009 at 03:45 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Dunny.................Thanks for the welcome. Our weather is dry (for the moment) and overcast. Temp around 45F. It's not horrible as riding goes. Of course if it rains it gets real cold.

Nortasaki.............Thanks for the welcome. Nice looking Commando. Nope, the 650 has been long gone. I think I only kept it about 8 months. I did bring a Velo 500 stateside with me when we moved in 1978 that I still have. I have had two 750 Atlas' since then, but both were moved on due to other purchases. I only keep 1 Brit bike nowadays although I have other vintage bikes that are older.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Bear on a bicycle.............................Thank you kind sir.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM

Welcome!

My sister lives in Seattle, and I bring the V up from time to time. Once it starts getting a bit warmer and drier, if you see a red V with Oregon plates, it might be me.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 AM

Thumbs up

Welcome and may the purchase of your V be the one that finally brings the great riding weather to all those V's that have been hibernating and get them where they belong, on the road

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Greetings! I have also decided to replace my 600 Bandit with a Versys in the belief that it will make a much better touring bike. I haven't rid myself of the old Bandit either and have an equally supportive wife. Let me know how your touring goes. I've only had my V for a couple of weeks and it is not nearly broken in yet.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode