Hello from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Hello from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

After a few days of lurking, I thought I should be a little more sociable.

I'm in Cambridge, a city about an hour west of Toronto. I've had my black, '07 Versys (bought new) for a month.

She's a sweet ride, indeed, but all I've had time to do so far is commute to work (an hour round trip). It's all on city streets filled with cagers who routinely astound me with their boneheaded driving.

Some day soon, I've got to make time for a day out to drive on some back country roads; there's some rolling hills to the north and east that should make for a grin-inspiring outing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:08 AM

hi from norfolk uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVer View Post
After a few days of lurking, I thought I should be a little more sociable.

I'm in Cambridge, a city about an hour west of Toronto. I've had my black, '07 Versys (bought new) for a month.

She's a sweet ride, indeed, but all I've had time to do so far is commute to work (an hour round trip). It's all on city streets filled with cagers who routinely astound me with their boneheaded driving.

Some day soon, I've got to make time for a day out to drive on some back country roads; there's some rolling hills to the north and east that should make for a grin-inspiring outing...
hi and to the site from a not so sunny UK, keep us all informed about your rides and any intresting things that come to mind, theirs allways something going on here,, a great forum and a blast of a bike, yahooooo
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 AM

Welcome! I mostly use my bike for commuting as well. Fortunately I have a suburban ride -- that I can turn into a real country back-roads ride if I want.

-Alan

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forum, KVer! Sorry to hear you're trapped in the city, but at least the Versys is a tall and responsive steed from which to joust with armored beasts.

Yes, yes, yes you absolutely MUST get your Versys away from all the deranged cagers and onto the sweeping, swooping backroads for which it (and you) must be desperately yearning. It sounds like you're long overdue for a chance to get the exhaust smoke out of your lungs and some uncrowded asphalt underneath you.

Of course, you run the risk of finding out just how nice it could be to live out in the country . . . and only have to journey into cager-filled chaos on those rare occasions when it has something essential to offer. For example, there simply is not a single Dairy Queen anywhere out here where I live in the Shawnee National Forest . . . and I think it has been scientifically proven that, once exposed to the stuff, no human being can survive more than 30 days without soft-serve ice cream smothered in hot fudge, salted peanuts and whipped cream!

Be sure to let us know about your first ride away from the traffic and onto the backroads.

Happy Riding,
Kevin
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

I may be trapped in the city -- for now -- but I do have a Dairy Queen two blocks away. I do say that can makes things a little more tolerable...

I grew up on a farm in the country, so the city does grate on me some days. I do have little house in the north woods (up near Algonquin Provincial Park) so I think I had better start planning a cross country bike trip for a visit... not in a minivan with three kids like last weekend...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM

Welcome!!

I thought I had just bought my Versys for commuting but this last weekend I made a 325 mile trip..

I love my bike..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Hi KVer,

I'm new too - about an hour new. Also a fellow Ontarian. I live near Niagara Falls - I ride the parkway often. Tomorrow I'm going to go pick up my blue Versys and give it a try. Except Saturdays are the worst days for riding the parkway - you have to play 'dodge the tourists'. Not fun at all - because they like to STOP for no apparant reason.

--Lucas
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi Ocean:

Not to offend anyone else 'round the world... but good to hear from someone nearby... and I'm sure you'll like your Versys

I grew up south of Hamilton, so I always thought of Niagara Falls as my backyard... less than an hour away on back roads...

Do you in the Falls tolerating all the tourists or are you out in the countryside? I always like Highway 20 to travel down your way... especially stopping to watch the ocean freighters cross at the lift bridge on the Welland Canal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode