New Member - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi guys, I just signed up 'cause I wanted to comment on a few posts.
I am the inventor of the Helmet Hook and one of the guys that bought the Helmet Hook from me posted it here and I wanted to comment on some of the responses.

I ride a V-Strom 1000 which I'm not sure I like and next year, I'm looking to possibly get another bike.

Maybe the Versys or maybe even the new Honda CTX700 although getting it now is not a good idea as there will be a severe lack of accessories, luggage mounting hardware and so on.

Anyway, this is the thread I wanted to reply to but I got a message that I had to have a couple of posts before I could do this (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=25049).

Thanks

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiri View Post
Hi guys, I just signed up 'cause I wanted to comment on a few posts.
I am the inventor of the Helmet Hook and one of the guys that bought the Helmet Hook from me posted it here and I wanted to comment on some of the responses.

I ride a V-Strom 1000 which I'm not sure I like and next year, I'm looking to possibly get another bike.

Maybe the Versys or maybe even the new Honda CTX700 although getting it now is not a good idea as there will be a severe lack of accessories, luggage mounting hardware and so on.

Anyway, this is the thread I wanted to reply to but I got a message that I had to have a couple of posts before I could do this (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=25049).

Thanks

George

Well theres not a shortage of farkles for the Versys....Heres my short list. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Holy cra* that's a lot of stuff.

Well, I'm sure then than you understand why I might want to wait and not get a bike that just came out or will be out in a month

Dude, that's a lot of stuff!

Of course, it DOES lack at least ONE thing...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:18 AM
MTS

Hook is an excellent idea!

What do you mean severe lack of accessories?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Hook is an excellent idea!

What do you mean severe lack of accessories?
Thank you sir. $13.95 shipped for forum members ( a few bucks more for outside of the US) and as for the accessories, I meant the new Honda CTX700. It'll prolly be awhile before there is a good selection of stuff for it.

Seems like it would suit me though

George
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
...as for the accessories, I meant the new Honda CTX700. It'll prolly be awhile before there is a good selection of stuff for it.

Seems like it would suit me though

George
Be SURE to note the fuel-filler UNDER the seat, so ANYTHING strapped to the seat needs to be removed EACH fill!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Holy cra* that's a lot of stuff.

Well, I'm sure then than you understand why I might want to wait and not get a bike that just came out or will be out in a month

Dude, that's a lot of stuff!

Of course, it DOES lack at least ONE thing...

Yep but my helmet doesn't have D-Rings. I just latch it onto the handlebar grip.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Be SURE to note the fuel-filler UNDER the seat, so ANYTHING strapped to the seat needs to be removed EACH fill!
I like the little storage box they have in the tank
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep but my helmet doesn't have D-Rings. I just latch it onto the handlebar grip.
If you're referring to the helmet hook, you don't have to have d rings. It works with all different helmets and if I'm allowed to post a link, I can show you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Goat and the others
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
If you're referring to the helmet hook, you don't have to have d rings. It works with all different helmets and if I'm allowed to post a link, I can show you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Goat and the others

Post It...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

If you close your strap so to speak, you can hang it that way.
You can hang it in the D rings.
You can hang it on the ratcheting part and
you can hang it on the male side of the buckle so to speak
because the opening/bend isn't wide enough to let something slip through.

http://www.extuff.biz/helmethook/hel...ch-18-2013.htm

I should have taken pics of my own helmet with all these options but I keep forgetting to take the camera with me

Also, if someone here hangs out an ADV (Adventure RIder), here's the sales thread which has pics from other users...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865638

Come to think of it, I don't have a single pic of my bike and my helmet so they're all from other users. One of the reasons is that my bike's been in the shop pretty much since I got it

I am working on a new site but for now, if someone is interested, here's the regular page...

Again, you guys get $5 off.

George
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM

How do we get $5 off your webpage? There isn't a coupon code or anything.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, didn't want to write too much about it here as I didn't know the rules.

Those wanting a hook, just PM me here. The new site will have coupon codes and so on but paypal which is what I'm using now isn't really set up for it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Guys, can someone direct me to a moderator so that I can check if I'm following the rules and all that before I get myself booted.

Link to a mods page here in the forum would be helpful.

Thanks

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode