Mechanic stand - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mechanic stand

I just got a mechanic's stand. I was reading that people have a hard time balancing the bike and scooping up the rear wheel. I used motorcycle tie-downs from my handlebars to my ceiling rafters in the garage and it worked great. I realized when I was setting it up that you wouldn't even need the mechanic stand if you we're to just change the oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjilla View Post
I was reading that people have a hard time balancing the bike and scooping up the rear wheel.
I use the Pitbull Forward Handle Rear stand. It is as simple as this!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Question on stands.... I bought a generic no name front stand last year and while it works it just barely lifts the front wheel and forces the handle bars over as there is no center pos for the pin under the triple tree. What are other people using to lift the front. Is there a better alternative out there?

Not sure if other people have had similar experiences but I bought the cheapest rear stand I could find and it has bent out of shape not to mention it is unstable with the bike elevated. Wish I had of spent more and got a Pit Bull or something of similar quality.

Last edited by twowheels; 05-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM

Thanks Capt Kirk for the video. Looks easy but does the lever change for a heavier bike or is it a universal prop ? Also a front lever seems to be more practical for a one-man-job in balancing the bike.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM

I'm using that Pit Bull Forward Handle Rear Stand also, and it works great.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
Looks easy but does the lever change for a heavier bike or is it a universal prop?
It is fully adjustable for other machines!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Question on stands.... I bought a generic no name front stand last year and while it works it just barely lifts the front wheel and forces the handle bars over as there is no center pos for the pin under the triple tree. What are other people using to lift the front. Is there a better alternative out there?
Not sure I get what you are asking?? I have a combo front stand. I can lift by the bottoms of the fork or add the converter to it and lift the triple tree with the pin?

There is a center position for the pin on the Versys. You just need to pull the rubber plug out and put it back when you are done. Watch the front brake hose. I unhook mine and move it aside when using the center pin.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM

+1 for the pit-bull one arm stand. Very easy to use and solid construction.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

Not sure if other people have had similar experiences but I bought the cheapest rear stand I could find and it has bent out of shape not to mention it is unstable with the bike elevated. Wish I had of spent more and got a Pit Bull or something of similar quality.
I have a T-Rex front stand in AZ and in BC, both with the extra piece to go into the triple-tree for removing wheels, etc. I have the T-Rex rear stand in AZ, but a Harbor-Freight one here in BC. I MAY replace it w/ another T-Rex....

MANY on T-Rex!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode