Howdy From Houston!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howdy From Houston!!

As of today, I'm a new, proud member of the Versys Forum!

Just bought a slightly used '08 w/15K and am really anxious to get her out on the open road. Even though the bike is in extremely good shape, I'm a neatness freak and am looking forward to starting my "tooth brush" detailing of the machine.

I know I'll also be spending way too much time reading all the other informative post here on the Forum.

As far as a brief personal bio: I grew up on mini-bikes, then dirt bikes and graduated to street bikes up until about 30 years ago. My best friend was given a "covered with a tarp" 1976 BMW R100 which he restored. As he was working on it, I realized it was time for me (at the ripe old age of 50) to get back on 2 wheels.

Bought a restored 76 BMW R75 off E-Bay only to realize no matter what I did to it, it would never be new again. Sold it and picked up an 05 Honda VLX600. After about 1 1/2 years and 7K miles, sold it and came across a Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT. Road it for a couple years and around 12K miles and decided it was time for a change. Sold it and found an 01 BMW R1100RT which served me well for 1 1/2 years and about 12K miles. Saw a "Want To Buy" Craiglist ad describing my BMW to a "T" and decided the best time to sell something is when someone wants to buy it.

At this point, I thought my riding days might be over. For the next 3 months I found myself saddened when I looked at the empty space in the garage where various bikes had once sat.

Came across an 05 Honda Rebel that was barely broke in for a steal of a price and decided, "What the heck!" Have had the little Rebel for about a year and only 2K miles and found myself "bitten by the Versys bug."

It didn't take long before "the one for me" popped up on the Houston Craigslist. She's already got the mods and accessories I would definitely have added so I figure I'm already ahead in the game!

I believe I understand the Forum rules require me to enter 2 post to the new member section BEFORE I can get in to the other sections so I'll be posting again real soon.

Can't wait to get access to what I know is going to be a wealth of good advice and information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM

Welcome.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 PM

I'm new to. Welcome!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM

U seem to have some experience. I'd love to hear how u like your versys over all the other girls in your life.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM

I came from a cruiser as well. Have had more fun than ever on my V.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM

Welcome. Sounds a lot like my bio. Stopped riding in my early twenties when the kids came along. Rode dirt bikes in between when the kids were a bit older and then at 51 I said to myself "hey self", I really enjoyed street bikes and the kids are grown and gone. Have been riding again for 5 years and loving every minute of it!

2013 Versys1000
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM

to the club!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Welcome. I just joined myself. Also come from a cruiser background, had a HD 1200C Sportster for a couple years. The V is the first "sport" type bike I've ever been on, love the responsiveness and how easy they are to maneuver around turns.

"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
FWIW - I just turned 70, so you TOO can ride a Versys FOREVER...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Garage
Welcome PeeWee!

Always trust your cape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode