2008 Versys rider-Western Colorado - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2008 Versys rider-Western Colorado

Looks like a bunch of fine folks hanging around the forum, glad I found it.

Iíve been 25 years without a motorcycle, but that came to an end on May 20th, 2008 when I purchased a new 2008 Versys with 2 miles on the odometer, parked it for the winter mid November with 5,980 miles on the same odometer...what a great motorcycle. I think everyone should own one, you owners already know the reasons, and there are many.

The best decision I've made was change to Mobil 1 10/40 4T engine oil @ 600 miles. Improved MPG by about 10% (I'm 58.5 MPG lifetime on this bike) resulting in not only increased gas mileage but a smoother running engine & clutch operation. But the biggest change was in the shifting, not that it was difficult before, just very smooth after, and currently. I do, generally anyway, drive to achieve optimum mileage.

Looks like the weather will allow afternoon rides this weekend, both days if we are lucky. You guys will get a kick out of my riding partner, young man with a passion for, & rides a Harley Davidson- Night Train. The fun part for me is we mostly ride local mountain back roads with tons of curvesÖKris is generally a fare distance behind cus his machine just doesnít handle in this environment as well as a Versys, although his bike sure does look good. We will ride the Colorado National Monument tomorrow, likely twice. Check it out on Google Earth.

I'll post some picture of this country-soon as I figure out how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM

We are glad to have you and I think you will find tons of useful information on here from "those that have gone before you". We all think the Versys is about the best all around bike we have owned and enjoy modifying it to suit each individual.

My two sons & I usually make a trip to Colorado for a week every summer. I do envy your riding territory.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode