Greetings from Turkey - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings from Turkey

Hello everyone.

I'm Gokhan, from Ankara, Turkey. I am an engineer, aged 37, and married. I have a 10 months-old son. My wife and I used to ride together all the time, but nowadays she is spending all her time with the baby.

I've been riding since 2004. I had a BMW F650 GS, a Yamaha TDM900, and a Suzuki VStrom 650 before I got my Versys. I own a yellow 2010 Versys ABS now.

Nice to be here, see you around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM
MTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 AM

What type of riding do you do in Turkey? I would imagine there must be some nice places to ride?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Turkey is a fascinating country. I spent two years in Incirlik (Adana) years ago and really enjoyed it. I miss good Turkish food.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 AM

Garage
Welcome!

I travel to Turkey on an occasional basis for work, either to ankara (OveÁler area) or to ilıÁ (Erzıncan provınce). You live in a wonderful country!

I have to admit that when I am over there, I have always looked around to see if anyone was riding a versys, bug mostly I see mopeds and small motorbikes used for meal delivery.

'09 Versys
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:49 AM

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM

Also a big fan of your country's food!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmason View Post
Welcome!

I travel to Turkey on an occasional basis for work, either to ankara (OveÁler area) or to ilıÁ (Erzıncan provınce). You live in a wonderful country!

I have to admit that when I am over there, I have always looked around to see if anyone was riding a versys, bug mostly I see mopeds and small motorbikes used for meal delivery.
What a coincidence! I live very near to Ovecler in Ankara, and my wife's family live in Erzincan, Ilic. You have a job about the gold mine then? I'd like to meet you when you come to Ankara.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Turkey is a developing country with many cons and pros.

The food is great, probably the best in the world. Being a mixture of middle eastern, balkan, mediterranean, black sea and caucasian cuisine plus the Ottoman royal kitchen, we have literaly thousands of recipies that make you eat your fingers. When I go abroad, I only miss the food!

There are many nice places to visit. The history of Anatolia dates back more than 7000 years. Mother Mary's house, two of the seven wonders, the city of Troy, and countless other antique cities are all here. I've been to most of them.

People are friendly. Especially on the countryside, in small cities and provinces, and of course not touristic places, you can knock on any door and even they don't understand a single word you say, you'll be treated as a guest of honor.

As for motorcycles, the traffic is dangerous. People are bad drivers, they don't see and respect bikes. The taxes are very heavy here. A brand new Versys 650 ABS costs 10.200 Euros (13.300 USD)! Gasoline is 5 TL per liter, that is 10,5 $ per gallon, or 2,15 EUR per liter, most expensive in the world. Insurance and road tax is also very high.

I guess there are about 3000 big bike riders (over 500cc) in Ankara. Versys is not very popular, maybe 20 Versies total. Honda and BMW leads the market, followed by Suzuki and Yamaha.

I will be glad to answer everything you wonder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode