Hello to all, from Colorado! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello to all, from Colorado!

What's up Versys forum folks??
My name is Erik, and I'm from Colorado Springs, Co. I just got my 2k8 Versys 9 days ago, and so far am loving it. Only another 100 miles till she can be fully unloaded!!! This is my fourth bike, following a 92 CBR 600, 89 Yamaha Radian, and 95 YZF 600. I'm a pretty aggressive rider, hooligan some might call me, but I love riding and pushing myself. I plan to do a fair amount of continental touring on this bike and think it will do well in this charge. The gas mileage is pretty nice too, averaging high 50's so far. Hope to get to know some of you and learn a few things here!!!
Cheers,
Erik!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum, Erik! It's good to have the Versys endorsed by somebody with a hooligan's approach to riding.

Ah, I envy your luck at living in Colorado Springs. What a great gateway to lots of fabulous riding! Back when the last of the Conestoga wagons made their way through the Colorado Territory on their way to the uncharted regions of the west coast, I grew up in the mountains around Idaho Springs and Georgetown, Colorado. I would have liked to retire there, but I sadly discovered that (1) I would lose about 12% of my pension if I left Illinois, (2) a lot of the untamed places where my early memories were made are now clearcut acres of condos and tourist crap, and (3) the cost of relocating and the cost of living would require me to sell my Versys, my wife's MP3 500, our cars, our dogs, all of our furniture and appliances, my wife and maybe a kidney and a lung in order to be able to get established and somehow scrape by!

Take a good long loving look at Pike's Peak for me and, when you get a chance, post a few pictures of some of the places you ride.

Happy Hooliganing,
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode