Hello from Wordguy in New England - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Hello from Wordguy in New England

Hello everybody!

I am a new Versys owner as of yesterday. So far I have 12 miles on it.

I have been lurking around the forum for a few days. I'm glad to a place with lots of great info. I'll be posting some questions about luggage and other accessories soon..

I live in Massachusetts. I have been riding for about 20 years. I've owned a few Hondas, and I am just coming off a Triumph Thunderbird that I owned since new in 2000. I really enjoyed that bike! However, I wanted a change and could not afford to own two bikes. I got a nice trade-in on it for the Versys.

I can't wait for the break-in period to be over!

-Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rick. I managed to get a few miles in today. What a bike!
-Alan

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Welcome!

I know where Massachusetts is!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Thumbs up hi paladin

I know where massachusetts is its on a bee gees album aint it,,
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Hello from the UK
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
I know where massachusetts is its on a bee gees album aint it,,
great song wish i could sing that high No wish i could sing
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Thumbs up hi crazy horse

thats what i like about this forum,, its not just all about the great V but lotts of various and funny threads.....

it was the voices that made me do it
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
thats what i like about this forum,, its not just all about the great V but lotts of various and funny threads.....

If you want to talk about the great "V" Kawasaki is not the first thing I think of.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 PM

Welcome to the asylum, Alan. It's one of those places where it's impossible to tell which of us are patients and which of us are staff . . . and where, obviously, some of us are a bit better than others at handling delays in the delivery of our medications . . .

The break-in period will be out of the way quickly - and, from my experience, the Versys is actually a fun bike even when there's a 4K rpm ceiling in every gear. Enjoy listening to (and feeling) that sweet twin loosen up as the miles roll under you.

So, what kind of "wordguy" are you? Poet? Novelist? Screenwiter? Crossword Puzzle Creator?

I'm asking because, in the days before I retired and spontaneously reverted to being an 18-year-old with waaaaay too much time on my hands, I was a communication teacher and speechwriter. How about that nifty neologism coined by Kawasaki for our favorite bike: "Versys!" It has great potential to evolve from a noun to a verb, adverb, adjective . . .

Oops, sorry, gotta go! Big Nurse says it's time for me to eat the three blue pills and the big orange one - and then I'll get to watch cartoons and eat graham crackers and drink Juicy Juice before bedtime!

Happy Riding,
Kevin
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elllvis View Post
Welcome to the asylum, Alan. It's one of those places where it's impossible to tell which of us are patients and which of us are staff . . . and where, obviously, some of us are a bit better than others at handling delays in the delivery of our medications . . .

The break-in period will be out of the way quickly - and, from my experience, the Versys is actually a fun bike even when there's a 4K rpm ceiling in every gear. Enjoy listening to (and feeling) that sweet twin loosen up as the miles roll under you.

So, what kind of "wordguy" are you? Poet? Novelist? Screenwiter? Crossword Puzzle Creator?

I'm asking because, in the days before I retired and spontaneously reverted to being an 18-year-old with waaaaay too much time on my hands, I was a communication teacher and speechwriter. How about that nifty neologism coined by Kawasaki for our favorite bike: "Versys!" It has great potential to evolve from a noun to a verb, adverb, adjective . . .

Oops, sorry, gotta go! Big Nurse says it's time for me to eat the three blue pills and the big orange one - and then I'll get to watch cartoons and eat graham crackers and drink Juicy Juice before bedtime!

Happy Riding,
Kevin
Then what is the correct past tense of Snow Blow?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Talking Ohhhh, I love to conjugate!

Well, it all depends on which part of my linguistic community you sample.

Amongst the tweaking, meth cooking, ammonium nitrate stealing good ol' boys who skulk through the Shawnee National Forest, the response would be, "It's like I done told y'all before. I said to the dude, "That's no blow - and I know it, cuz I done a whole mountain of blow in the past six months - that's just baby powder.' And then I pulled out my can of Whoo Pass, opened it, and put the boots to him!"

Consulting the 40-mph-top-speed-on-any-highway crowd of pre-senile blue hairs who take over the restaurants on Senior Citizens Day, you would find it to be, "Well, the last time I was able to properly snow blow was before we moved down to this area. Let's see . . . my favorite time was when I blew snow during the blizzard of '97, when they had that run on snow shovels at Lowe's and all my neighbors were trapped in their houses. You see, it all started when...."

And, of course, you would want to consult the crowd of sportbike posers who stand around in their oh-so-shiny leathers and sip decaff, soy-milk-only, Cafe Americanos in the parking lot outside the Barnes & Noble (with its oh-so-trendy Starbucks) next to the University. They would tell you, "Hey, if you're riding at least a 1098R when you try to keep up with us, then you'll just go home crying. Ask these guys about the dude on the MV Augusta that we took turns passing last week on all the sand and gravel twisties out by Devil's Kitchen. By the time we got through with him, he looked like he had been snow blowed!"

So, you see, there isn't just one correct answer!

Sociolinguistically,
Kevin
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Thumbs up hi ellvis

your bloody lost on this forum, im having trouble following your english translations and biiiig words ha ha I will have to start calling you kevin the wordmeister ( Is that spelt right ) by the way just got back from a 100 mile blast on the ! V ! weather absolutly brill hot and sunny yahooooooo

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:40 PM

hi paladin,, I think theee other " V " will cost you a lot more money in the long run,,,,
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
your bloody lost on this forum, im having trouble following your english translations and biiiig words ha ha I will have to start calling you kevin the wordmeister ( Is that spelt right ) by the way just got back from a 100 mile blast on the ! V ! weather absolutly brill hot and sunny yahooooooo

Was that a '100 mile' blast or a 100 mile per hour' blast??

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 03:27 PM

hi rick the anwser is a 100 mile (miles) but it was still a blast, never went over 75mph but the roads are real twisty and rural,,,, greeeat fun yahoooooooooo

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elllvis View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I'm a technical writer. Sometimes there's a bit of fiction in that Also I'm a bit of a paranomasiac.

-Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode