New Versys owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Angry New Versys owner

Hello all,
just got a Versys 3 days ago, after 250 miles I'd say it's everything I thought it would be. However, My thumb and index finger are going numb, mostly on right hand, after 20 miles or so. Seems a bit more vibration than what was reported considering it's counterbalanced. Mirrors are fuzzy most of the time. It's just not what I have read on most forums. Thinking about taking it in to shop to have it looked at.
Other than that , love the handling, power is plenty for most. I'm thinking about getting a GIVI windscreen. Also, any suggestions on a cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 PM

I agree with your vibration statement. Compared to my previous bike with a V twin engine, this parallel twin has more vibration. Regarding the numb fingers, the whole reason I switched to this bike was that I had developed Vibratory Carpal Syndrome with my previous sport bike. The Versys has helped a lot in that there is less vibration transmitted from the road. My doctor advised buying gloves at a cycle (bicycle) shop that have pads in the palms to wear under my motorcycle gloves. I bought the ones that have the fingers cut off so they fit well within my leather MC gloves. They work great! They absorb the vibrations that you may be feeling through the hand grips. I am also still in the break in period with my bike (under 4000 RPM) which seems very buzzy. I've heard it may run smoother at different RPM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM

Although the Versys doesn't seem especially "buzzy" to me, I still like for my hands to be as comfortable and sensitive/responsive as possible. There's nothing like trying to apply a light touch to a throttle, brake or clutch with numb mitts!

Most of the gloves I wear have some kind of gel insert in the palm, but I also routinely add a set of Grip Puppies to the grips of any bike I buy. They are foam grip covers that slip on easily (after putting a light coating of soapy water on the insides of them), stay firmly in place, add just a little bit to the circumference of the grip, and (for me) reduce vibration and impacts through the grips significantly. I got mine from California Sport Touring, which offers a couple of different sizes: http://www.casporttouring.com

Welcome to the forum!

Kevin

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered the grip puppies and a pair of AGV Magnum Gel gloves. We'll see if that helps. Thanx for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode