Hey....from BC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey....from BC

Just joined, don't have a Versys yet, but am picking one up next week, got a really good deal on a new 2012 model. Didn't really like the yellow and black at first but they definitely worked out a deal that made the yellow/black start to look quite nice! actually the more I look at it the more I like it, and I suppose the little bit of yellow there is wouldn't be too difficult to change if it ended up not growing on me.

Started riding about 3 years ago. started on a Vulcan 800 then switched the Suzuki sv1000s, but have decided that a more relaxed upright position is what I like. Am starting to do more 2-4 day rides.

Looking forward to getting as much info as I can here. Thanks for making the forum available!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM

Garage
If your in the Vancouver area perhaps we can ride together sometime.

Ride while you can
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 PM

Welcome. I think the yellow/black is a great color!

2013 Versys1000
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Garage
Welcome fellow Canuck. +1 on the yellow being great! You're going to love it.

Always trust your cape.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Where you at in BC???

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm in Chilliwack BC.

I need to make a decision on bags asap as I'm going to include that in the purchase "package". Kawi has a deal for $499 for Givi hard side bags with the required mounting hardware included, I think it's a good deal, however I was more interested in the rack and trunk system, seems to keep the bike a little narrower, which I like.

Can anyone who has either/or let me know what the pro's or con's to either system are?

Thanks
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avande View Post
I'm in Chilliwack BC.

I need to make a decision on bags asap as I'm going to include that in the purchase "package". Kawi has a deal for $499 for Givi hard side bags with the required mounting hardware included, I think it's a good deal, however I was more interested in the rack and trunk system, seems to keep the bike a little narrower, which I like.

Can anyone who has either/or let me know what the pro's or con's to either system are?

Thanks
Hello and welcome from a fellow Chilliwackian. Can't help you on the bags or mounts but if you need anything else (tips or quick work done) let me know, I'm just up the road.

There are a few of us out here in the 'Wack and Abby so maybe a ride some day? You will love the Versys around Rider Lake.

edit: Did you get it at BigTop? I was just there when Jay mentioned he was getting down a 650 Versys for a customer. I think I might be there too much. If you need anything though tell Kelly at B.T. I sent you. ;-)

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547

Last edited by cuff; 03-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I'm in Chilliwack BC.

Thanks
Hi there and welcome. Which Givi cases and racks were you offered? Are you touring 2 up or solo? Have you considered both the side and top combo together?
I went from this.....

To this

Let me know and I'll chime in.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey Ultra, Thats exactly what I was wondering. I will do very little two up touring, however on occasion will take my daughter for a little 1-2 day trip. I was thinking she may feel very comfortable with a big trunk like you have in the one picture. But does that make the bike too "top heavy" and with the side bags is a passenger still comfortable?

I'm not really sure which Givi bags, but they are a hardshell lockable, removable bag and Givi makes them for Kawasaki.

Thanks!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Hey Cuff, I have seen a couple of Versys 650's around Chilliwack so maybe it was yours. No the Versys is coming from Burnaby Kawasaki, they advertised a really low price so I went out there. Maybe I should call Big Top and see if they are willing to match price? I know the last time I was in there their sticker prices and freight/pdi prices were substantially more than BK.

A ride would be awesome sometime.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Hey Cuff, I have seen a couple of Versys 650's around Chilliwack so maybe it was yours. No the Versys is coming from Burnaby Kawasaki, they advertised a really low price so I went out there. Maybe I should call Big Top and see if they are willing to match price? I know the last time I was in there their sticker prices and freight/pdi prices were substantially more than BK.

A ride would be awesome sometime.
If you've seen a big guy in high vis it was me. Wouldnt hurt to give BT a call. Tell them Sean (cuff) sent you. Ask for Dale.

IBA# 38547
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuff View Post
If you've seen a big guy in high vis it was me. Wouldnt hurt to give BT a call. Tell them Sean (cuff) sent you. Ask for Dale.
Well then I saw you today coming down Prest off of Promontory...I was heading up the hill. Do you have some funky stickers on your headlamp?
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Well then I saw you today coming down Prest off of Promontory...I was heading up the hill. Do you have some funky stickers on your headlamp?
Haha, that was me. And yup, it's my avitar, the Punisher.

IBA# 38547
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
My suggestion - get the rack and trunk, then soft saddle-bags.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Hey Ultra, Thats exactly what I was wondering. I will do very little two up touring, however on occasion will take my daughter for a little 1-2 day trip. I was thinking she may feel very comfortable with a big trunk like you have in the one picture. But does that make the bike too "top heavy" and with the side bags is a passenger still comfortable?

I'm not really sure which Givi bags, but they are a hardshell lockable, removable bag and Givi makes them for Kawasaki.

Thanks!
Probably the V35 Givis , they flow with the bike pretty nice and with the rack for that price it's a sweet deal. My V46 top case, with SW-Motech rack, and admore led light, plus Givi backrest cost me way more than that. But since you liked narrow, and want your passenger to feel secure I'd definitely recommend you the top box.It doesn't affect handling at all and she can lean against it. A 46L doesn't look bulky, yet big enough to carry considerable amount. Fits 2 full face helmets for example ( not XLs) I'd also suggest you to install some additional leds for extra visibility, I had them on mine, put it on the side cases too.
Passenger comfort with side cases varies of the system I guess. We've had some leg clearance issues , but easily fixed with a motowerk lowering link. I also have a passenger backrest for my seat with the side cases setup. If theres anything else let me know.Cheers!
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 PM

1 more thing I forgot to mention. The motech rack sits closer to the rear of the bike while the givi stretches further back giving some extra space for your passenger if needed. But I can assure you that it isn't necessary. Plus it's a cleaner look, imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode