newb in Florida - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb newb in Florida

Hey,just registered.I am in Florida.I am seriously of the mind to trade my '07' DR650,only 2100 miles on it for a Versys.Just cannot ride off road as in my younger years,found out the joints and muscles hurt too much after.So what do I need a d/s for?Anyway,the dealer would not let me test ride a dr,so I accepted his word that if I just 'hated it' he would refund my cash.Do most Kawi dealers allow a test ride on a Versys? I just hate to take that chance again.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know about most, but mine did. I bought it that day.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM

Dealers should have a test bike. Most large dealers will allow you to take a ride if you are at least 30 years old with a motorcycle endorsement on you license. Look around and find a dealer that will let you take a spin, then look for the dealer with the best price.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks Jeremy and Bear

The dealer I bought the DR from carries Kawi also,but even though I am well over 30,(by 24 yrs)he would not allow a test ride even when I first said no buy then.So fortunately there is a Kawi dealer even closer than that one,so I am going to try for a test out.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:24 AM

I never under stood why dealers will not let you test ride. They carry insurance on the bike so if you wad it it will be covered.

I would not buy a bike I could not test ride. Plus it is only a 6k bike.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I never under stood why dealers will not let you test ride. They carry insurance on the bike so if you wad it it will be covered.

I would not buy a bike I could not test ride. Plus it is only a 6k bike.
Paladin,+1 here.I just can't see doing that again.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by haw paw View Post
Paladin,+1 here.I just can't see doing that again.
So today,Monday,I go to the nearest dealer.One Versys is on the property,I looked it over for 1/2 hour.I like the looks live as well as I liked the photos.So, I decide,yes,I am still very interested.After getting the desk clerk to call for a salesman,(they were all sitting on their duffs),I pop the 'test ride' question.The answer is,after I get financed,they can then let me ride,and if I don't like, the paperwork can be torn up.Just too much hassle for me until I know that it feels right.More frustration when you ask the salesman for info,like any word on when/if other colors may arrive,and he says,'oh! I thought red was the only color.' Frustrating! Lefty
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM

Welcome to the forum, Lefty.

Jeez, it sounds like you've got some dealers who aren't very anxious to sell a bike! If I lived closer to you, I would be happy to meet you halfway and let you try out my Versys. Maybe there's somebody else on this forum who lives in your part of the country and would be willing to let you have a test drive.

From what you've described about your previous riding, I think you would really like the Versys . . . but a "tryout" is essential! Maybe you could talk the dealer into letting you take a test drive for a small fee ($25?) that would either be applied to the cost of the bike (if you buy it) or treated as a "demo rental" (if you decide the Versys isn't for you).

Let us know how things turn out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck . . .

Kevin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thankyou,thankyou very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elllvis View Post
Welcome to the forum, Lefty.

Jeez, it sounds like you've got some dealers who aren't very anxious to sell a bike! If I lived closer to you, I would be happy to meet you halfway and let you try out my Versys. Maybe there's somebody else on this forum who lives in your part of the country and would be willing to let you have a test drive.

From what you've described about your previous riding, I think you would really like the Versys . . . but a "tryout" is essential! Maybe you could talk the dealer into letting you take a test drive for a small fee ($25?) that would either be applied to the cost of the bike (if you buy it) or treated as a "demo rental" (if you decide the Versys isn't for you).

Let us know how things turn out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck . . .

Kevin
Elllvis,thanks for the good thoughts and offer.Fortunately,around here,east central Florida there are many dealers,Daytona,Orlando,Melbourne,Kississimee,ad nauseum,so I plan on continuing my quest,as I am still very interested in the Versys.The more research I do seems to strengthen my interest in it.Thankyou,thankyou very much.....Lefty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode