Hello: Part two - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello: Part two

Hi again,
I returned from Thailand 3 weeks ago (did not manage to buy a V there). However... about 4 days after my return I bought a 2010. I like it and have ridden quite a lot. I put on about 300 K the first day, I drove home in rain and some snow flurries, not so bad if you wear nine layers of clothing. I live on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.
I not sure if the PO was deaf or maybe he had good hearing protection, because one of the first things I did was fix the fairing buzz around the headlight. I have yet to put the side fairings or the wind shield back on, I kinda like the naked look. Not sure if not having fairings increases wind resistance though, because I do not get very good mileage, so far about 46 miles to Imp Gal or 38 mpg US. I might have an ECU problem, that might cause poor mileage as well. I will post about that on the Tech Forum
Thank for reading
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3 View Post
Hi again,
I returned from Thailand 3 weeks ago (did not manage to buy a V there). However... about 4 days after my return I bought a 2010. I like it and have ridden quite a lot. I put on about 300 K the first day, I drove home in rain and some snow flurries, not so bad if you wear nine layers of clothing. I live on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.
I not sure if the PO was deaf or maybe he had good hearing protection, because one of the first things I did was fix the fairing buzz around the headlight. I have yet to put the side fairings or the wind shield back on, I kinda like the naked look. Not sure if not having fairings increases wind resistance though, because I do not get very good mileage, so far about 46 miles to Imp Gal or 38 mpg US. I might have an ECU problem, that might cause poor mileage as well. I will post about that on the Tech Forum
Thank for reading
Wayne
I wouldn't be too concerned about that mileage. Those are the exact figures I always got when I had the 650. Others here seem to get better, some less.
The very best I got was 52 imp once with a tankful of all highway miles.

2013 Versys1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode