New Mexico Versys owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Mexico Versys owner

I'm picking up my new bike tomorrow. I'm driving to Trinidad, CO (3 hours) to pick it up from Valcom Motorsports after the local dealer wouldn't budge on freight and set-up fees.
Did anyone else have a greedy dealer? They were trying to get me for $7900 "out the door" for a test ridden bike and wouldn't budge on the price. They said, "We haven't been able to keep these bikes in stock. You won't find a better price than this."
I ended up paying just $6699 for a 0 miles bike "out the door" from what I consider an honest, friendly dealer.
I'm not advertising, just passing on information to help fellow bikers save a buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM

That sounds about right. 7900 sounds high and that there are not many other dealers around to compete.

New Mexico Where's that?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:32 PM

I got mine from the crooks at R&S and paid $7100 out the door and a 2-year warranty. They must not have wanted to deal. Sucks you have to go out of town to buy!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Well, at least you'll have a good excuse to put some "break-in" miles on your new Versys with a ride through some really pretty territory. It's too bad that your hometown dealer couldn't see past the quick bucks on the sale price to the much larger pile of dollars that comes from cultivating a solid relationship with a customer. My local dealer offers a very fair price on all the bikes he carries . . . and he makes back the discounts and a whole lot more when people return to him for service, accessories, gear, etc.

Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted about your rides, especially since you live in such a beautiful spot.

Kevin
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Got my bike.

I picked up my bike on Monday, but the weather in northern New Mexico that day dictated that I trailer it all the way home.
So far it's a great bike. I can't wait to get it fully broken in so I can really enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode