Looking at the Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking at the Versys

Looking for a do it all comfy sport bike to commute to work everyday, 25mi of country back roads and for the weekend fun rides also on the country ride. I have never done dirt roads so that is not a requirement.

I have narrow it down to the versys vs vstorm, more leaning to the versys.

I like the large size gas tank which will allow me to go a whole week of commuting without having to fill up mid week.

I also like that it is smaller and lighter then the vstorm, I am a small man and prefer bikes that are easier to man handle.

The only big issues about these two bikes is that I am only 5' 7'' size 31.

I sat on a vstorm, I was not able to flat foot but I was able to reach just fine on the showroom floor which is perfect even terrain.

Are there any riders here that are also short like me and been able to handle the versys ?

How is the experience ?

How is the built quality, craftsmanship of this bike ?

How does the engine feels ?

How is the engine vibrations ? Num hands and feet ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM

Welcome to Versys world. Yes there are lots of us like that, size wise. I am about 1 in taller with a 32 inseam and I can just tippytoe on the Versys. It has never caused me a problem. All I need is one foot down at stops. If I have to back up the toes work just fine. Or get off and roll it back ( very easy ). If the hight bothers you get the lower gell seat.
Build is great, the motor feels wonderful, if it buzzes I don't notice as I just came off of 20 years of a Honda V-twin. I rode mine to N.C. and back. 1600 miles in three days and the only thing it lacked is someplace else to put my feet. I to commute back roads 52 miles roundtrip and this thing rocks.
What part of the world do you hail from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 AM

I only have a 28" inseam and with a seat modification and a lowering link, it 's great. I had a ST1300 and sold it about 2 months after buying the Versys as the Versys will do what the ST will do and it will do it less 300 lbs. The V is also superior in the twisties and is also a hell of a lot easier to work on when you have to. I have no regrets

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 02-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
I only have a 28" inseam and with a seat modification and a lowering link, it 's great. I had a ST1300 and sold it about 2 months after buying the Versys as the Versys will do what the ST will do and it will do it less 300 lbs. The V is also superior in the twisties and is also a hell of a lot easier to work on when you have to. I have no regrets
Can you give more detail about the new seat you got and the lowering kit...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Lowering kit is basically a link bolted to the shock to lower the bike. You can see pics here:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=lowering+kit

and here:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...read.php?t=282

Here's a link to the web site: http://motowerk.com/default.aspx

Speedy, a member of this forum, makes that and many more great farkles for the Versys.

Welcome aboard!

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 01-11-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode