Real Beginner - Doral, Florida - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Real Beginner - Doral, Florida

Hi everyone!
I have done my research and i have narrowed my search to be the kawasaki Versys. In January 2009 i will take the motorcycle course and get my motorcycle license. I have read several forums about the versys on this website and read many articles and I feel it would be a great bike to start wth and own for many years to come. I want to learn as much as I can before I do the purchase. If I have any questions I will ask and I will appreciate your feedback at any time!

Future versys owner

Andres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Me too

I am in the same boat. Bought a used Versys a couple of months ago. As a new rider I am happy with the ease of riding the V. In spring, I will be back to my practice runs. I am doing about 15-20 miles in lightly travel areas until I bring up my skill level.

I wish you the best with your new bike.

Longspur
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM

I don't want to discourage you but if you are a true beginner I think you might want to consider a less powerful bike to start with. Something like a GS500 or equivalent, or maybe the KLR all these Kawasaki guys love

I'm calm like a bomb!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 PM

I bought a Versys in June as my first bike. It has been a great experience. When the weather isn't bad I ride to work, about 20 miles each way. Yesterday it was in the low 40s so I went for a 200 mile ride before lunch.

Some things to keep in mind...buying the bike is the cheap part and don't push yourself. Don't do anything that you aren't comfortable doing. You will get there when you are ready.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

To = Longspur, Darth Lefty, sharrison56

Thank you for replying and sharing your thoughts. I am all ears to suggestions and past experiences. Two of my friends have bikes. One has a FZ6 and the other has a Honda shadow. They ride in the weekends and sometimes during the week. Here in Florida the weather is perfect for riding right now. Both of them are very similar to me height and weight. They both purchased these bikes as beginners and they are very happy campers. They do suggest not to go any higher than 650cc. I do agree that it might at first be too much power to start, but after completing the basic and advanced course I i would have a better understanding on weight and size. In about a month I will share my thoughts and experience.

thank you all and safe riding!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Andresaua
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
I don't want to discourage you but if you are a true beginner I think you might want to consider a less powerful bike to start with. Something like a GS500 or equivalent, or maybe the KLR all these Kawasaki guys love
I'm a dirt bike guy, hence my bias, but a cheap used dirt bike (if you have somewhere to ride it) or a used dual sport bike (Yam XT225, etc.) are great bikes to start with. They are built to withstand moderate crashes without needing repair. Their limited speeds will keep a beginner out of trouble, and when riding in the dirt, you get used to all sorts of limited traction situations. For example, the rear end will "break loose" frequently when leaning through turns in the dirt, and in short order that is no big deal. The "muscle memory" is invaluable on the street, when an incorrect panic reaction to a rear slide can result in a dangerous high slide.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresaua View Post
Hi everyone!
I have done my research and i have narrowed my search to be the kawasaki Versys. In January 2009 i will take the motorcycle course and get my motorcycle license. I have read several forums about the versys on this website and read many articles and I feel it would be a great bike to start wth and own for many years to come. I want to learn as much as I can before I do the purchase. If I have any questions I will ask and I will appreciate your feedback at any time!

Future versys owner

Andres
now doral florida is the newest attractions that can favor by all people, and is located between the Ronald Reagan Turnpike and the Palmetto Expressway makes strategic place and easily accessible to visit with family
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 AM

re : Real Beginner - Doral, Florida

kawasaki Versys. is like a rocket for me , i have used this bike almost 3 years, but unfortunately i have lost this bike , this bike maintenance wise performance wise so good , you should definitely buy this bye

Doral Locksmith

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode