New Member - Considering Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SteveJ
  • 1 Post By RiderX
  • 1 Post By sllarson
  • 1 Post By sllarson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Member - Considering Versys

Hi, I'm a new member to the Versys forum. Have only owned street bikes, my latest one is a 2016 Kawasaki Concours. It's a 1400 cc sport-touring beast, and I love it! Considering adding a bike to ride on dirt/trails also, and comparing what's out there. Want something small and light enough to take on trails, without beating the crap out of you on the pavement to get there.

I was thinking that maybe the Versys 300 X would be a good complement to my Concours, which I plan to use when it's all pavement. Reviews of the 300 X were surprisingly good on the dirt for a street-capable bike. I would like to hear from others who own the Versys what you think of it. THANKS!!

Steve
Lake Stevens, WA

Last edited by onewizard; 03-29-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Welcome

Smooth is fast.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
aboard.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:00 AM

Hi, welcome!

What do you mean by “trails” and how far and fast on the pavement do you need to go to get there?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome. Quite a few former/current Connie owners here. I had a C-10 that I sold with 234k miles on it, still going strong with over a quarter million miles on it.
dmer likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:43 PM

I bought a 1000 LT today, 2017, and rode it home 45 miles. Once I pulled over and raised the windshield-- PERFECT
weljo2001 likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Welcome. Quite a few former/current Connie owners here. I had a C-10 that I sold with 234k miles on it, still going strong with over a quarter million miles on it.
Hi SteveJ - Did we meet a couple years ago at the Lava run, with Charlie Gary & Dan Paulsen? Our group stopped for breakfast in Vader, WA, I had a gray C14 and you were riding the Versys 650, up in the PNW from Florida. How's life been since then?

The Versys would be something different to try out, allowing me to check out the dirt roads my C14 is scared of.

Steve
Lake Stevens, WA

Last edited by sllarson; 04-01-2020 at 07:07 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
Hi, welcome!

What do you mean by “trails” and how far and fast on the pavement do you need to go to get there?
If I'm in a hurry or driving a long way, I'll take the C14. My intention for the Versys is to get something that's not obnoxious to drive a hundred or two miles getting to fun places, then taking it on 4x4 trails or gravel roads. I'm not looking to jump logs, climb rocks, or stuff like that, just get off the pavement and explore. I've driven street bikes almost exclusively and never owned a dirt bike. Thanks Matt!
SteveJ likes this.

Steve
Lake Stevens, WA
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllarson View Post
Hi SteveJ - Did we meet a couple years ago at the Lava run, with Charlie Gary & Dan Paulsen? Our group stopped for breakfast in Vader, WA, I had a gray C14 and you were riding the Versys 650, up in the PNW from Florida. How's life been since then?

The Versys would be something different to try out, allowing me to check out the dirt roads my C14 is scared of.
That was me. Awesome day including the free breakkie.

Life's been good, been riding the H_ll out of the 650. At least until now. My tentative summer ride this year was either back to the PNW and BC or Cali.

Stay safe up there.

Ride focused.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
That was me. Awesome day including the free breakkie.

Life's been good, been riding the H_ll out of the 650. At least until now. My tentative summer ride this year was either back to the PNW and BC or Cali.

Stay safe up there.

Ride focused.
If you make it back to the PNW, let me know. I'm just north of Seattle, and have an extra room for company if you need a place to stay. Happy trails!

Steve
Lake Stevens, WA
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllarson View Post
If you make it back to the PNW, let me know. I'm just north of Seattle, and have an extra room for company if you need a place to stay. Happy trails!
Appreciated. I likely would not have need of a room but a place to park a Roadtrek camper van and motorcycle trailer could come in handy.

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Appreciated. I likely would not have need of a room but a place to park a Roadtrek camper van and motorcycle trailer could come in handy.
Sounds good, I can arrange this!
SteveJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode