Newob - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2020, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Newob

Hi
Im new to this site ,i've just bought a versys 650 burnt orange on an 07 plate its got 8000 miles on the clock .
I'm on the Isle of wight in southern England .
can anyone help me out with a problem regarding my bike , when I start it up the revs creep up to 3000 !
it also happens on start up when warm , the revs drop down to normal after around 3 minutes .
The bikes been sat in a garage for quite a while, could it be a sticky throttle ? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2020, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
aboard.

Please post your second post in this thread you started and after 48 hrs you are a full member. Please use this thread to to ask or post anything you want.

On your high RPM check throttle adjustment nob. it may be set high. Sticky throttle possible. Others will chip in ,so just hang in there.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2020, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

I am hoping that we get some action from administration so people like yourself can get answers and direction within 24 hours of joining. For now, what is your idle RPM when at temperature, I am talking 10 to 20 minutes of riding/ it should be around 1450 to 1500 RPM, primarily for idle charge voltage. That can be done at the throttle adjustment screw. Many things need addressing, the slack in your throttle cables , and I call it slop. Buddy with the same bike year as my bike (2015) was complaining of the jerky throttle. So while waiting for other riders to show up, I checked it out. I have absolutely no idea how he was able to ride that thing, he had almost 15' of travel in the throttle cable before it did anything. It took me 3 minutes, he was both embarrassed and very appreciative.
Fast idle should be around 1800 to 2000 RPM. The rest if any needs to wait for full membership.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode