Introduction .... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hwit cniht

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Introduction ....

Hello all!

Hailing from NY, I'm on my second Versys 650, also have a 2009 Ninja 650R currently going naked and receiving the Versys suspension treatment and you'll find me on a ZRX as well. The picture is loading my Versys to join the food hoarding masses (if I can figure out the uploading part).

FYI: the Versys suspension is not as much of a drop in replacement for the Ninja as some may have suggested.....

Sadly, I don't seem to have a knack for finding the appropriate threads to post questions. I'll be looking for discussions on fuel consumption after ECU flash and full exhaust, suspension swaps, genius little upgrades..... point the way if you know from the top of your head.

And I'm looking to sell/buy/swap parts.

ttyl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	167741  
dmer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
aboard and enjoy your ride. Be safe.

Please post your second post in this post you started and after 48hrs of your second post, you will be full member. Meanwhile use this page to ask anything you need and we will try our best to assist you.

You can start your own thread once you a full member-48hrs.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! So here's the second post with thoughts and questions:

* I have a Gen 3 skid plate that I would sell or trade for a Gen 1 skid plate - does anyone know if there's an issue bolting the gen 1 skid plate onto a Ninja? Official post coming in a couple of days.

* I have a Hindle megaphone with ECU flash. Bike runs phenomenally, but mileage went from 50-52 mpg to 40-42. I expected a drop, but not by 20%. Thoughts?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ng-source.html

This is R1 Suspension swap for your reading. On your skid plate , and ECU flash , others will chip in.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

How to Post inline Pictures into Threads - no Photobucket! https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...otobucket.html
Yes, there was hope of moving to the year 2020 , where everything is instant. You see something online, 1 minute later it is being shipped. Well that was last week, Amazon announced only essential goods. No idea how they decide what is essential .So several requests have been made to upgrade this site New Member criteria, either all the IT guys are at home or Quit or all we have is newbies , because the latest Super Mod had all the settings scrambled . Took me about 5 PM and another 5 minutes to realize the new IT guy has never done this before. Neither have I, but comparing working settings to non working settings, it became obvious .

So again, I can try firing off another PM ( 3 weeks now since request) , maybe the IT guy on today will know how to change a 2 post requirement to a 1 post full member. You will know as I will announce it.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-22-2020 at 10:19 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

thank you super moderators!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode