New 2015 Versys 650 LT - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rokas Mažeika
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New 2015 Versys 650 LT

First reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks ( FYI I have this saved in my messages, every new member gets this , 1, two or even 3 post new members,
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Signal Light fix for breaking/punching through cowling

After thinking all was well with my Puig 7NM4-PUIG-7773N ENGINE GUARDS & T-Rex Luggage Guards mounted and tired after riding 450 miles, on a off camber sitting, I got lazy on the throttle when taking off and killed it basically not moving and fell on the left side. The guards all did their job but the goofy stock signal sticks out so far it punched through the $200 cowling taking plastic and all leaving a gaping hole!!! So I ordered a new cowling, some Puig Turn Signal Adapter Plates Kawasaki (Don't skimp they fit perfect), Speedmetal Turn Signal OEM Connectors and Speedmetal Micro Diamond Turn Signals. The freaking turn signals were halogen to my surprise, so I had to drill the reflectors to install White Bay9s H21W 64136 LED Bulbs from Ebay. Oh, I also installed a TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen2-F for a 300 Ninja which is plug and play since I installed the LED bulbs in the new turn signals. The new signals are barely recessed behind the Puig engine guards now and should be fine hopefully!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QWZK1714.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	167337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2774.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	167339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2765.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	167341  

Last edited by Wrench222; 02-13-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Picture sideways

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Looking Good.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Fix For Turn Signal Breaking/Punching Through Side Cowling

After thinking all was well with my Puig 7NM4-PUIG-7773N ENGINE GUARDS & T-Rex Luggage Guards mounted and tired after riding 450 miles, on a off camber sitting, I got lazy on the throttle when taking off and killed it basically not moving and fell on the left side. The guards all did their job but the goofy stock signal sticks out so far it punched through the $200 cowling taking plastic and all leaving a gaping hole!!! So I ordered a new cowling, some Puig Turn Signal Adapter Plates Kawasaki (Don't skimp they fit perfect), Speedmetal Turn Signal OEM Connectors and Speedmetal Micro Diamond Turn Signals. The freaking turn signals were halogen to my surprise, so I had to drill the reflectors to install White Bay9s H21W 64136 LED Bulbs from Ebay. Oh, I also installed a TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen2-F for a 300 Ninja which is plug and play since I installed the LED bulbs in the new turn signals. The new signals are barely recessed behind the Puig engine guards now and should be fine hopefully!!!

Last edited by Fastoman; 02-14-2020 at 05:35 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanx!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 02:52 AM

Had that issue multiple times last season and was thinking on changing to tiny led turn signals myself. Glad that youve pointed to a plug plates - was thinking to craft something out of plastic AliExpress ones I had lying around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrench222 likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:45 AM

Very nice! Are these as bright and visible as the original ones?

2015 Versys 650
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks ( FYI I have this saved in my messages, every new member gets this , 1, two or even 3 post new members,

FYI you have found a extremely active and knowledgeable forum. so 2 posts or more )
Wrench222 likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 02-14-2020 at 01:40 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Will Add After Photos To How To Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench222 View Post
a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks ( FYI I have this saved in my messages, every new member gets this , 1, two or even 3 post new members,
Was very tempted to delete your first and second posts in another members thread, especially after copying my welcome post. Fortunately your PUIG post saved the day
Quote:
Once you have full membership, posts some photos, I can then move pertinent posts to a new thread, and copy to How To
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

I'm still trying to figure all this out and accidentally posted in performance instead of cosmetic and couldn't figure out how to delete the first post in performance, so I did it again in cosmetic. Sorry!!!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

They are even brighter than stock!!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure all this out and accidentally posted in performance instead of cosmetic and couldn't figure out how to delete the first post in performance, so I did it again in cosmetic. Sorry!!!
When that happens just PM a mod, very easy to move.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Rokas Mažeika the PUIG Adapter Plates are painted metal and you put one in the front turn signal recess and one on the back side of the cowling and it is like factory!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I had the same lesson with my 2015! There were no adapter plates back then which fit perfectly, so I trimmed some plastic ones that were close enough. I used R&G Racing mini LED turn signals. They are brighter than factory for sure.

The large OEM front turn signals are a bad design. They always hit the ground in a tip-over. One of the first mods any owner should make is swapping them out for micro sized signals.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
...The large OEM front turn signals are a bad design. They always hit the ground in a tip-over. One of the first mods any owner should make is swapping them out for micro sized signals....
OR REMOVAL OF THE METAL PLATE THAT ATTACHES THE SIGNAL TO THE FAIRING - that breaks the fairing in a drop.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
OR REMOVAL OF THE METAL PLATE THAT ATTACHES THE SIGNAL TO THE FAIRING - that breaks the fairing in a drop.
But .... Farkles, man, farkles!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Today, 10:46 AM

Hello and welcome,

Nice color on the bike you have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode