New ‘19 VERSYS 1000 Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mi-kawa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
New ‘19 VERSYS 1000 Owner

Yesterday I had a sweet ride home from the dealership on my new ‘19 Versys 1000LT+. I am a 60 year old municipal building inspector from St. Louis, Mo who, in an earlier chapter of my life lived on my 1978 KZ1000. Since those early days I married, had children, rode an occasional motorcycle or two, started, ran and closed a business after 20 years. In January of 2018 I lost my wife of 27 years to pancreatic cancer. A new chapter in my life began after her death and I spent the next year and a half finding my way. This Christmas season a group of old friends I rode with in those early days in Glasgow Village got together to celebrate the holidays and the good old days. We got on the subject of the bikes we all rode. I mentioned that even though I rode a KZ1000 I was really fond with the KZ900. One of my old buddies who rode a 900 told me that Kawasaki had re-introduced the 900 as the K900.
That evening I googled the 900. Beautiful bike but to sporty for me. Exploring further I came across the Versys. One dealership had a new 2019 model in stock. The day after Christmas (it was 68 degrees in St. Louis!) I drove out to the dealership to see the Versys. It was love at first sight. I asked the salesman if I could take her on a date. They took her out of the showroom window and we went for a ride. That’s when I asked her if she would be mine! ❤️ 😂
Well that’s my story. I look forward to reading and participating in this forum. Now it is time to go into the garage and install my Moto Werks Highway Pegs and Moto Werks Mirror Extenders. I am also going to install the Frame Lowering Kit (haven’t bought it yet) from Moto Werks and I really would like to find the Frame Sliders that have Versys imprinted on them. I saw those sliders on weljo2001’s Versys. (Big shout to weljo2001 from another broke down old man with sore hips!)
weljo2001, hawkerjet and Mattias like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
aboard and enjoy your new ride. Be safe.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS POST YOU STARTED. THANKS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! My condolences, for the loss of your wife. Hopefully she is smiling down upon you as you have renewed your passion for motorcycles. Look forward to hearing your impressions of the new bike. Once you've been able to log a few hundred miles on it. Until then, let the farkling begin! Cheers.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 12:07 AM

@mi-kawa,

Very sorry for your loss. What an inspiration, quite literally getting back into the saddle after life beats you down. Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately looks like we are stuck with cold weather (at least in NE IL.) for quite some time but spring will be here before you know it! (at least that’s what I keep telling myself)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So sorry to hear about your wife. Would bet she is happy for your joy of having a new bike.

Motorcycles are great therapy. Especially at our semi-fossilized advanced age.

Have fun and ride safe.

Cheers.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-kawa View Post
Yesterday I had a sweet ride home from the dealership on my new ‘19 Versys 1000LT+. I am a 60 year old municipal building inspector from St. Louis, Mo who, in an earlier chapter of my life lived on my 1978 KZ1000.
Welcome to the forum from another St. Louis area native. Sorta. I work in Hazelwood and live near Pacific.

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
So sorry for the loss of your wife. I had an uncle that lived in Overland and worked at McDonnell Douglas for years and years. He had children and grand kids all over the surrounding area. We lived in St.Ann when i was real young until we move out to Winfield about 45 minutes from St.Louis. I have a brother in Wentzville. Not sure if these will fit the 19 model ...https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2015-20...-p/n254-15.htm .These fit the 2015 and my 2016 and look just like the link for the ones to fit 2015 - 2018 models that Amazon has where you can get the logo in different colors .......https://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Racing-...9211149&sr=8-3

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry about the typo on my title New ‘19 Etsy s Owner (should have been Versys)...stupid autocorrect!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Sorry about the typo on my title New ‘19 Etsy s Owner (should have been Versys)...stupid autocorrect!
No worries on that. We are happy to have you on board.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

Quote:
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks ( FYI I have this saved in my messages, every new member gets this , 1, two or even 3 post new members,

FYI you have found a extremely active and knowledgeable forum. so 2 posts or more )
Easily corrected ( did wonder what a Etsy's was,really got my attention, especially after just banning a spammer )

Last edited by onewizard; 01-17-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode