Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Howdy from Malaysia

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 ·
I commute all year along , recently purchased a Versys 650 2019 model on Oct 31 ,2019 now have clocked 2110km , this is my 8th bike , I do all servicing by myself including valve jobs , this is faster and efficient for me, I need to pick up tire changing skills though, soon

I love riding in the rain , it rain here in feet not inches, fastest I've been is 130km/h in the monsoon (10 feet visibility) , sadly the bike does not come with ABS , if not can push further

Nice to meet you all here

Regards
Kronen75

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
You found the right forum, lots of info on doing it yourself. Possibly you could look at your regulator, as I suspect that 2019 Kawasaki may have switched to Versys to a series regulator. I can guide you on this. Glad you PM'D me.

Reactions: Jake Wheelie
#12 · (Edited)
Posted earlier/ vanished

My post from this morning vanished. Short story my regulator off the 2015 has similar numbers and is a shunt regulator, and I would guess so is yours.

So look at this thread ;
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...olaris-4012941-4016868-discussion-thread.html

Look at the first post, part way down ;Note Added This in February 2017 To Test for Phase Loss on a Series regulator under Actual Load Conditions If you follow this,also added below that ; **********************
Added December 2019

I copied the shunt regulator posts to the member only forum, same link as above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.