Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

V1 2019 idle issues

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jjay Zafra 
#1 ·
Hi need some help.. my bike was perfect but after the oil change at 1300km I noticed the rpm was really low it started to stutter then my bike shuts off.. from 1st gear - 3rd gear it randomly shuts off.. standard rpm is at 1100 now my bike is at 1000rpm I went to the dealer and they told me that they dont have the "machine" yet to change the rpm is there anyway i can change the rpm? Is it safe to ride the bike considering on the low rpm? Philippines Cebu

#2 ·
I think your dealer is full of crap...Needing a machine to set the rpm... On my 2016 V-1000 you just adjust the black knob circled in the photo below..........

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr

#4 · (Edited)
Kawasaki V100-2019.
While the same liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 1,043cc inline-four remains, the 2019 Versys is the first Kawasaki model to feature an ECU-controlled Electronic Throttle Valve system, eliminating throttle cables in lieu of an accelerator position sensor located in the throttle grip.

So I think you need to wait for the "machine".

Its dangerous to ride on Low RPM ,only alternative is to see if you can put some resistance on the throttle grip.

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Tps

Hi,
the tps has a base voltage- say .97 of a volt. If you measure it with a digital voltmeter you can see what it is. On my mustang I would adjust it to 1.05 volts, gives it a quicker throttle response and 100 rpm more idle. The tps has 2 screws holding it in position, loosen them and move them slightly until you get the voltage reading you want.
Also check/clean battery cables and negative ground to frame as you are dealing with very small voltages.
Did the dealer put in 10/40 synthetic oil? if he put in 20/50 non synthetic it will drag the idle down.
My 1000 was hard starting when I got it , I put in fuel injector cleaner and now it starts 1st crank:)
good luck,
actually the simplest thing to do is put fuel injection cleaner in the gas tank and run it at a little higher rpm, if it works you're done.
Perry

#7 ·
We probably ought not to jump to conclusions on adjusting base idle. The 2019 has a fly by wire system, and could possibly have an idle air control valve rather than a base idle adjuster like the 2015-2018's do. If it has a base idle adjuster, then that's the quick and simple answer. otherwise something else has happened, doubtful that it's clogged injectors. Is there a check engine light lit on the dash?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.