V1 2019 idle issues - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

5Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 2 Post By 1cobra
  • 2 Post By Steve in Sunny Fl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
V1 2019 idle issues

Hi need some help.. my bike was perfect but after the oil change at 1300km I noticed the rpm was really low it started to stutter then my bike shuts off.. from 1st gear - 3rd gear it randomly shuts off.. standard rpm is at 1100 now my bike is at 1000rpm I went to the dealer and they told me that they dont have the "machine" yet to change the rpm is there anyway i can change the rpm? Is it safe to ride the bike considering on the low rpm? Philippines Cebu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I think your dealer is full of crap...Needing a machine to set the rpm... On my 2016 V-1000 you just adjust the black knob circled in the photo below..........

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr
funflyingguy likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=weljo2001;1636725]I think your dealer is full of crap...Needing a machine to set the rpm... On my 2016 V-1000 you just adjust the black knob circled

But the 2019 doesnt have that its automatic

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Kawasaki V100-2019.
While the same liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 1,043cc inline-four remains, the 2019 Versys is the first Kawasaki model to feature an ECU-controlled Electronic Throttle Valve system, eliminating throttle cables in lieu of an accelerator position sensor located in the throttle grip.

So I think you need to wait for the "machine".

Its dangerous to ride on Low RPM ,only alternative is to see if you can put some resistance on the throttle grip.

Last edited by Fastoman; 11-13-2019 at 02:08 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:40 AM

Garage
Tps

Hi,
the tps has a base voltage- say .97 of a volt. If you measure it with a digital voltmeter you can see what it is. On my mustang I would adjust it to 1.05 volts, gives it a quicker throttle response and 100 rpm more idle. The tps has 2 screws holding it in position, loosen them and move them slightly until you get the voltage reading you want.
Also check/clean battery cables and negative ground to frame as you are dealing with very small voltages.
Did the dealer put in 10/40 synthetic oil? if he put in 20/50 non synthetic it will drag the idle down.
My 1000 was hard starting when I got it , I put in fuel injector cleaner and now it starts 1st crank
good luck,
actually the simplest thing to do is put fuel injection cleaner in the gas tank and run it at a little higher rpm, if it works you're done.
Perry
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

Versys 1000 LT

Last edited by 1cobra; 11-13-2019 at 02:46 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
We probably ought not to jump to conclusions on adjusting base idle. The 2019 has a fly by wire system, and could possibly have an idle air control valve rather than a base idle adjuster like the 2015-2018's do. If it has a base idle adjuster, then that's the quick and simple answer. otherwise something else has happened, doubtful that it's clogged injectors. Is there a check engine light lit on the dash?
onewizard and funflyingguy like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
aboard!

...and...

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
We probably ought not to jump to conclusions on adjusting base idle. The 2019 has a fly by wire system, and could possibly have an idle air control valve rather than a base idle adjuster like the 2015-2018's do. If it has a base idle adjuster, then that's the quick and simple answer. otherwise something else has happened, doubtful that it's clogged injectors. Is there a check engine light lit on the dash?

Nope it doesnt have a check engine everything else is fine except for the idle speed
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Well I went to the dealer yesterday and spoke with the mechanic. He advised me to have my air filter cleaned and that they will raise the matter to their executives in Manila some japanese dudes this is very disappointing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode