Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

X300 New Member--Hello. Just joined.

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Sandifer 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2018 red Versys x 300. Love the look, hate the highway rpms. Looking for answers.

#3 ·
#4 ·
X300 / Changing Front Sprocket

On a recent PM this is what was discussed; I come from cruisers. I am 70. I love the bike off road at low rpms, but at 60 mph it revs 7000 rpms. Can't take it. I am wanting to go to a 16 front 38 rear sprockets to bring the revs down to 5000 at 60 mph. Anyone done this? Any opinions from your experiences?
Yes lots of those doing it, be aware you will have problems if you go too drastic . I have been riding DRZ400S for 4 years then in 2007 got my first Versys 650, running in 6500 to 7500 RPM all day ( over 4 hours at a time), those motors are designed to run in that range. I will add a link https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...ets-re-gearing-causes-engine-fault-light.html

#9 ·
Just finished installing a 15t/42t combo on my 2018 x 300. Made my own links and dropped the seat height almost 2 inches, raised forks till they touched the handle bars, used same chain, shorted the clutch safety switch and attached a visible warning note, made my kick stand adjustable, made my center stand adjustable (a little tough,need fab tools), lowered the rpms from 7000 to 6000 at 60mph. I can still start off in 2nd gear. I would like to gear it up more but I fear the engine torque won't handle it. I don't jump it I ride the off roads. I like it. Easier to swing the leg over and 60mph more tolerable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.