New Ohio member - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

6Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By dmer
  • 1 Post By DirtRockr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Ohio member

Hello everyone.
Like many riders I started out in MX (years ago), turned sportbike nut in my 20's and the natural progression led all the way to cruisers. Currently have a quad, a KX and a KLX in the garage. Just sold my street ride and on the hunt for my first Versys.
I've got questions and this looks like a great place for answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRockr View Post
...I've got questions and this looks like a great place for answers....
It IS, and you can find out a LOT by using the SEARCH function in the TOOLS prompt in the top line beneath 'Kawasaki'.

DirtRockr likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
DirtRockr likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS THREAD YOU STARTED. THANKS.

Great Forum, Great people. just surf or ask and it will be answered.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
As instructed, here's my 2nd post.

I'll try to avoid questions that have been asked before (search), but no promises.
Three reasons I say that;
Answers given a couple years ago may have changed with time.
Most would rather spend a minute or two posting a question and move on, not spend an hour searching old threads to find a similar, non specific question.
New members come along frequently, same question asked months later will likely have different responses.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone with this, not my intention.
I spend time in a number of forums, its not unusual to see posters get crucified for asking a question that's in the archives.
I understand moderators trying to keep repeats down to a minimum, but also see a flip-side to that coin.
My .02
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
As instructed, here's my 2nd post.

I'll try to avoid questions that have been asked before (search), but no promises.
Three reasons I say that;
Answers given a couple years ago may have changed with time.
Most would rather spend a minute or two posting a question and move on, not spend an hour searching old threads to find a similar, non specific question.
New members come along frequently, same question asked months later will likely have different responses.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone with this, not my intention.
I spend time in a number of forums, its not unusual to see posters get crucified for asking a question that's in the archives.
I understand moderators trying to keep repeats down to a minimum, but also see a flip-side to that coin.
My .02
This forum is different from any other I know of, two places to look, first in How To it is alphabetical , stator under S, Polaris under P, Series regulator under S, when it could be under several titles there is a link, such as here;

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ee-fusing.html https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/
This is alphabetical:
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/
Some duplicate posts here with discussion as the How To has a minimum member post restriction and members only doesn't, so many threads from How To are copied and then comments are in the member only thread.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-other-topics/
DirtRockr likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I spent a bit of time reading some available info here. This IS a very organized forum, well done!

I've been interested in the Versys for years, but never actually rode one until recently. My GF and I did a demo ride at the Columbus AIMExpo. Great event!
Many dealers here don't allow test rides, much less two-up. We took a '19 Versys on a nice long ride covering city, xway, rural roads, and I came back with one conclusion...I gotta get one of these!
I had a Vstar at the time. Sold it that week and am currently on the hunt for a Versys.

My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

I'll keep you all posted!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
...My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

DirtRockr likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I spent a bit of time reading some available info here.
My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

Hi Rockr! NW Ohio here. I lurked here most of the summer, and finally picked up a '15 650LT saturday. I lucked out and had a late season sell of my 06 Weestrom, and happened upon a quick easy deal on the 15 Versys LT. I literally only rode a quick test ride when I bought it, just enough to run thru' the gears, then trailered it home. Changed the oil this morning, but currently snowing here, (booo!) so no riding till the cold snap passes. My daughter and family live in Wadsworth,Oh, anywhere near your area? Good luck with your search.
DirtRockr likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmer View Post
Hi Rockr! NW Ohio here. I lurked here most of the summer, and finally picked up a '15 650LT saturday...My daughter and family live in Wadsworth,Oh, anywhere near your area? Good luck with your search.
I saw the thread where you posted pics of your new LT, and this falls in the "small world" category...
I recognized the bike as one I'd been watching, I guess it's sold. lol
That looked like a good deal and a nice bike. At least I have one less buyer to compete with now!
Congrats!
I'm 15 minutes from Wadsworth, in Norton.

Seeing as how we have a winter advisory, it might be awhile, but I'd be interested in your take on the Vstrom vs Versys comparison once you get some time in the saddle.
dmer likes this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM

Really hilly over your way. Flat as a pancake in my area. Re: the Versys, I almost decided to just wait and get something in the spring, but I knew prices would be higher. There's a '15 with big aftermarket bags, in Springfield. Priced higher, but it's been for sale for a while. He may be ready to deal. And, Genthe powersports has a great price on a low mile 2017. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but it is: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...-LT-5007953318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode