Newbie among you - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skypilot 69
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Newbie among you

Heyo, having spent 3 years on a Suzuki Van Van I've finally gotten my full license and picked up a 2009 blacked out Versys last week. Needles too say, we're madly in love at this point .p

I read a bunch of posts on this forum before i bought her, so figured the right thing to do would be to join you now that i'm qualified.

The bike i bought is pretty standard apart from the all black scheme, an automatic chain lubing device which i've yet to try to operate and a 12v outlet.

Mods i'm looking to do are heated grips (i live in a colder country), maybe lower the footpegs and change the saddle. I'm a bit taller and after 4-5 hours in the saddle my lower back seems to not like the seating position, i slide forwards and hunch a bit.

Also thinking of a different exhaust or muffler, something that sounds a bit grumbly, a deep tone without too much loudness once you get on the throttle, any tips?
I've also seen a few versys owners have put beaks on their bikes and i kinda like the look. Are they still available for the gen1?

Thanks for having me,

much love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Before changing the saddle, check out this post. A lot of us (me included) have tried raising the front of the seat and found it to be a very good and cheap solution to the seat problem. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...s-methods.html
Buffalo_Bob likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard and enjoy your ride. Be safe.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peehg View Post
Mods i'm looking to do are heated grips (i live in a colder country), maybe lower the footpegs and change the saddle. I'm a bit taller and after 4-5 hours in the saddle my lower back seems to not like the seating position, i slide forwards and hunch a bit....
My suggestions are:
1. I recommend the KOSO Apollo heated grips (on BOTH of my V650s);

2. YES - lower the 'pegs - it REALLY 'opens-up' your rider-triangle;
3. raise the front of your saddle FIRST (co$t$ about $3);
and TRY a 'back-support' (kidney-belt). The HOME DEPOT ones (about $14) are PDG!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
Before changing the saddle, check out this post. A lot of us (me included) have tried raising the front of the seat and found it to be a very good and cheap solution to the seat problem.
that is actually a great tip! And it seems a lot easier that getting a new saddle. Im quite happy with the original one otherwise, feels cushy enough to me
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!

My suggestions are:

2. YES - lower the 'pegs - it REALLY 'opens-up' your rider-triangle;
3. raise the front of your saddle FIRST (co$t$ about $3);
and TRY a 'back-support' (kidney-belt). The HOME DEPOT ones (about $14) are PDG!
I like this forum, you're all very helpful! I'll check out the grips, thanks for the tip! As i blew my budget on buying the bike I'll try to save up during the winter and get everything done next spring.

I'll have to read up on how to reposition the gear- and break lever. Or would you suggest its better i let a mechanic have a go at it?

And kidney belt, noted! I've actually gotten the feeling having ridden the bike a bit more, the colder it is, the worse my back feels. So kidney belt would probably solve that. Never needed one on my old rv125, but then again, i was doing different speeds on that bike
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Thank you! Enjoyment is being had/made
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!

My suggestions are:

!
I have grip envy. Those KOSO grips are top dog,super slick setup!
onewizard likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and second post! I don't have access to all nooks and crannies of the forum yet! Do you have any clue if there's a thread on how to eliminate the fairing buzz? It appears just below 3000 RPM but at 4500 RPM it's really loud. I've tried pressing on different panels while driving too see of i can make out which one it is, but couldn't really determine where it came from :/
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
...I'll have to read up on how to reposition the gear- and break lever. Or would you suggest its better i let a mechanic have a go at it?...
No - do it yourself!

Quote:
...Do you have any clue if there's a thread on how to eliminate the fairing buzz? It appears just below 3000 RPM but at 4500 RPM it's really loud....
I did NOT read thru this thread, but I'll bet it shows HOW to reduce the fairing buzz.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...zz-sorted.html

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
You asked

Quote:
Oh, and second post! I don't have access to all nooks and crannies of the forum yet! Do you have any clue if there's a thread on how to eliminate the fairing buzz? It appears just below 3000 RPM but at 4500 RPM it's really loud. I've tried pressing on different panels while driving too see of i can make out which one it is, but couldn't really determine where it came from :/
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...d-culprit.html
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...wl-gauges.html
Full member Sept. 30, 50 hours from your second post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode