Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Newbie among you

967 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 ·
Heyo, having spent 3 years on a Suzuki Van Van I've finally gotten my full license and picked up a 2009 blacked out Versys last week. Needles too say, we're madly in love at this point .p

I read a bunch of posts on this forum before i bought her, so figured the right thing to do would be to join you now that i'm qualified.

The bike i bought is pretty standard apart from the all black scheme, an automatic chain lubing device which i've yet to try to operate and a 12v outlet.

Mods i'm looking to do are heated grips (i live in a colder country), maybe lower the footpegs and change the saddle. I'm a bit taller and after 4-5 hours in the saddle my lower back seems to not like the seating position, i slide forwards and hunch a bit.

Also thinking of a different exhaust or muffler, something that sounds a bit grumbly, a deep tone without too much loudness once you get on the throttle, any tips? :)
I've also seen a few versys owners have put beaks on their bikes and i kinda like the look. Are they still available for the gen1?

Thanks for having me,

much love :thanx:

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
Before changing the saddle, check out this post. A lot of us (me included) have tried raising the front of the seat and found it to be a very good and cheap solution to the seat problem.
that is actually a great tip! And it seems a lot easier that getting a new saddle. Im quite happy with the original one otherwise, feels cushy enough to me :)

#5 ·
:welcome: aboard!

Mods i'm looking to do are heated grips (i live in a colder country), maybe lower the footpegs and change the saddle. I'm a bit taller and after 4-5 hours in the saddle my lower back seems to not like the seating position, i slide forwards and hunch a bit....
My suggestions are:
1. I recommend the KOSO Apollo heated grips (on BOTH of my V650s);

2. YES - lower the 'pegs - it REALLY 'opens-up' your rider-triangle;
3. raise the front of your saddle FIRST (co$t$ about $3);
and TRY a 'back-support' (kidney-belt). The HOME DEPOT ones (about $14) are PDG!

#7 ·
:welcome: aboard!

My suggestions are:
1. I recommend the KOSO Apollo heated grips (on BOTH of my V650s);

2. YES - lower the 'pegs - it REALLY 'opens-up' your rider-triangle;
3. raise the front of your saddle FIRST (co$t$ about $3);
and TRY a 'back-support' (kidney-belt). The HOME DEPOT ones (about $14) are PDG!
I like this forum, you're all very helpful! I'll check out the grips, thanks for the tip! As i blew my budget on buying the bike I'll try to save up during the winter and get everything done next spring.

I'll have to read up on how to reposition the gear- and break lever. Or would you suggest its better i let a mechanic have a go at it?

And kidney belt, noted! I've actually gotten the feeling having ridden the bike a bit more, the colder it is, the worse my back feels. So kidney belt would probably solve that. Never needed one on my old rv125, but then again, i was doing different speeds on that bike :)

#10 ·
Oh, and second post! I don't have access to all nooks and crannies of the forum yet! Do you have any clue if there's a thread on how to eliminate the fairing buzz? It appears just below 3000 RPM but at 4500 RPM it's really loud. I've tried pressing on different panels while driving too see of i can make out which one it is, but couldn't really determine where it came from :/

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.