New Member SOCAL & Philippines - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By REDHORSECA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up New Member SOCAL & Philippines

Located in Southern California. Inland Empire to be more accurate.

I've been riding dirt bikes since the age of 5 in the SOCAL deserts. I'm a middle age man now, but still very young at heart. I have several motorcycles in my garage: Sport Touring, Power Cruisers, Versys 650, and a few dirt bikes.

Commute to work on the SOCAL freeways to LA County off and on the bikes. Currently commuting on the Versys, but I like to mix it up.

I vacation overseas in the Philippines for about a month of the year. Our family has several homes scattered in Luzon, mostly around Pampanga.

I purchased a 2019 Versys 650 ABS in Feb '19 (@ San Fernando, Philippines) to get around more quickly in their traffic and the parking of the SUVs can be challenging in Manila. So this year I got the Versys 650, it allows me to be able to use the toll highways, as they have a minimum requirement of 400cc to ride in the tollways by law. I looked at some KTM street bikes and the Suzuki V-Strom 650. I selected the Versys 650 for the most bang for the buck. Since I'm only there for 1 month of the year I couldn't justify spending the cash for a more expensive bike. Paying cash for vehicles there is the only way to go, financing there is ridiculous. The interest rates are crazy there 40-50%+.

I plan on setting this up as an adventure bike and go island hopping to just a few of the 7,000+ islands in the country.

Coming back from vacation, I had such a blast on the Versys that I had to add one to my stable in California. I was saving up cash for new one, when I found a mint 2017 Versys in the high desert with just a tad over 4,000 miles on Cycletrader. So, I jumped on a very good deal, saving me tons of money from buying another 2019 model. More $$$ for mods.

I was already buying accessories for my PH Versys for my next vacation trip, so I've started modding/installing the parts onto my California Versys for more off-road adventuring. I'll do the same with my Versys overseas, once I find out what mods/parts work for me here in SOCAL.

I've been reading up on what many of you have been doing to your Versys, and I'll be modding by bikes to suit me better. Looking forward to maybe riding with some you through our SOCAL canyons and off-road adventures.

Thanks,

Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.htmlplease read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard and enjoy your ride - Be safe.

PLEASE MAKE YOU SECOND POST HERE IN THIS THREAD YOU STARTED.THANKS.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
from SoCal Cerritos/Norwalk area.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the welcome. Hope to be able to post in other threads soon and start new topics. Much to talk about. See ya in 50 hrs...
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by REDHORSECA; 09-22-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode