Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Love The Bike!!!

849 views 4 replies 6 participants last post by  Lee R 
#1 Ā·
Bought my 09 versys 650 a bit back with 42k miles and love every bit of it. It may be a higher mile bike but I've had less problems with it than my first bike (07 Sv650s with 900 miles). Recently took it on a trip up to cherohala skyway and back home through north ga (Richard B Russel area) and had 0 complaints or problems. Any tips on recommended service? So far itā€™s just been fluids and brake pads coming up. Canā€™t wait to get more into this forum! Have already used it for many tips!

#5 Ā·
Just get all your fluids changed and valves checked unless that was already done. Iā€™d get a voltage meter installed as well, itā€™ll warn you if the stator starts to cook well in advance so you donā€™t get stranded. They make nice voltmeterā€™s with dual USB for 15 dollars on Amazon.

Otherwise this things pretty bulletproof mechanically. You should be fine for double the mileage you have now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.