The monsoons have stopped - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The monsoons have stopped

Finally it has stopped taming down rain there is a strange yellowish orange ball rising from the east could this be a sign from the heavens to take test out my new ride I think so im so excited check back later and ill tell you how it goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
That's EITHER the sun 'escaping' from T.O., OR a recent nuclear explosion near Calgary....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Oh Hell Yea!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Back after my first ride on my versys.
Here's a little history. I bought a drz 400 7 years ago when I got son his first dirt bike (Honda crf 80) over the years he got bigger bikes last year he made the jump to a ktm sx 144 so to keep up with him I got a ktm sxf 250. At the age of 46 I got my bike licence and insured the drz. After riding last summer I found out I really enjoyed the sport adventure riding and came to a quick realization that the drz was not the bike for that. With a little interweb research I found the versys. So as I stated I got out on my first ride yesterday. Wow what a blast this bike rocks. I am now planning a trip for the late spring early summer being from vancouver I thought I would start in b.c. Any recommendation
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM

I would,nt know what areas of landscape move your spirit, I tend to enjoy them all from the pacific to the desert one of the first trips I did was thru the Olympic rain forest up to Port Townson and over to Seattle.
Sometimes I get on my machine and point in a general direction and go until I,m tired for two days then plan another route back just so I don,t have to do the same ride back.
I,m happy to hear you have enjoyed your first experience on the V I have had a similar experience. I really do more road than off road because of the short windows of time allowed to be riding and in order to get some where I must do a necessary sin of travel Interstates which most of the time are OK there are some areas where the speed limits are higher 70 and 75 which is fine but as we all know most people seem to push the upper limits and do 80 and I for one don't like riding my V this quickly for long periods of time 6 to 16 hrs then it becomes work . My V and I seems to really like 72 mph.
Enjoy where ever it is you go just go and be prepared..And if you should make it down this way look me up Capt.
Ken
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Maybe a PNW ride is in order?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=I-5...=1,3,5&t=m&z=7

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canada View Post
Back after my first ride on my versys.
Here's a little history. I bought a drz 400 7 years ago when I got son his first dirt bike (Honda crf 80) over the years he got bigger bikes last year he made the jump to a ktm sx 144 so to keep up with him I got a ktm sxf 250. At the age of 46 I got my bike licence and insured the drz. After riding last summer I found out I really enjoyed the sport adventure riding and came to a quick realization that the drz was not the bike for that. With a little interweb research I found the versys. So as I stated I got out on my first ride yesterday. Wow what a blast this bike rocks. I am now planning a trip for the late spring early summer being from vancouver I thought I would start in b.c. Any recommendation
Well Captain: I'm riding from Kelowna to Dawson City (for the D2D - Dust-to-Dawson) for June 20th. Probably head to Inuvik IF there's a 5-day good-weather-window, plus??? (Telegraph Creek, Bella Coola, Alaska.) Not sure when I'll leave, YET...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canada View Post
Finally it has stopped taming down rain there is a strange yellowish orange ball rising from the east could this be a sign from the heavens to take test out my new ride I think so im so excited check back later and ill tell you how it goes
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Glad you enjoyed your ride and having that big shiny ball of gas in the sky helps.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks biged but a little epic for my first adventure (but a must do in the future).the pnw looks cool as well thanks cuff ive got some research to do thanks again
cap c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode